Chapter 41: The Poet

June 23, 2018 - 2 days after the ball

"Any changes today?" I heard a sweet voice that I've come to love.

"Sadly, none," another voice said.

June 24, 2018 - 3 days after the ball

I felt someone holding my left hand, I slowly try to open my eyes. The person holding my hand was Elira whose head was rested on the side of my bed, she was sleeping. Her face was facing mine, a few strands of hair was on her face, making me have the urge to move it away from her face, but I didn't want to wake her up. Instead, I watched her sleep.

"Prince Jivan," a pixie catches my attention, "I'm Devine," she bows and I smile at her.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I ask my voice a little hoarse.

"Three days and Princess Elira has been taking care of you," she says and I smile, looking at Elira.

"Do you wish to wake her?" she asks and I shake my head, my eyes only on Elira, "I'll leave you two then."

From the corner of my eye, I saw her fly out the room.

Has it been three days since the ball? I slowly raise my hand to see my engagement ring. I smile looking at it, I put my hand down and looked towards Elira's hand, and there it was her engagement ring.

"I promise that you won't regret it," I said just admiring her beauty. Could it be possible, she looks more beautiful?

As I was looking at her, flashes of what happened come to me. I start to have a headache, but it was bearable. I could feel that I was covered with gauze all over. It ached a bit when I inhaled deeply, so I controlled my breathing and took slow and short breaths, it was less painful.

"Quit staring," Elira said as she opened her eyes smiling at me, "How are you feeling?" she was about to sit up straight and let go of my hand, like a reflex I grabbed her hand back.

She stared at our hands for a while and I decided to let her hand go, "Don't." She squeezes my hand lightly making my heart flutter.

"This isn't a dream, right? If it is I don't want to wake up," I end up saying out loud and she giggled. My cheeks start to heat up.

"How long have you been staring at me?" Elira asked.

"Not too long, maybe 5 minutes," I smirked.

"You should have woke me up!" She was about to hit me, but then dropped her hand to her side, "I'll hit you when you're better."

I chuckled and nodded, "Whatever you say, Elir~a," I said trying to sound sexy, but she just burst into laughter.

"Oh heavens, I think there's something wrong with your mouth!" She continued to laugh and I felt embarrassed.

"Really? Why don't you check?" Good one, Jivan.

"I'm no mouth expert, but I could call Ninurta over if you wanted," she's too good.

"Once I'm back to my normal self, I'll be able to think of better comebacks," I said trying to sound confident, but we both knew I lost big time.

"And I'll just think of the best ones," she winked. The gods of Olympus must've poured too much charm and beauty, into Elira. How am I so captivated by all the little things she does?

"So," is that all I can say?

"La?" she smiled. I chuckled.

"Ti,"