Chapter 57: The Healer

September 12, 2018

     I knock on Elira's a door before proceeding to go inside, "Hey Ninurta," Elira said still in bed.

     "Do you know what day it is?" I asked sitting on her bad.

She turned to look at me, "What?" she raised her eyebrow.

"You didn't forget did you?" I pouted and she grinned.

"Of course not! Happy Birthday Ninurta!" she hugged me and then let me go, "That's all I have for you, and you can go now."

She said lying back down, I shake my head at the sassy princess, "You have Princess duties to attend to and I have to accompany you."

"Since it's your birthday and I'm the princess, I will allow you to rest today," she said.

"As much as I want that, you're still the princess and you need to be present at the shop opening in the human realm," I said reminding her of her busy schedule.

"We could just send them a congratulations card with my royal stamp," she said and I sighed.

"Elira, you need to get out of bed!" I stood up grabbing her arm, trying to pull her out of bed.

"Ninurta, I don't want to, let me be," she said shaking my hand off.

"Could you at least be more cooperative on my birthday?" I asked and Elira sighed.

"You just had to play the birthday card, didn't you?" she glared at me and I shake my index at her.

"No glaring at the birthday boy," I smiled and she sighed.

"You're abusing my love for you," she said sitting up straight.

"Am I?" I offer my hand and helped her stand up, "Go get freshened up and we'll have breakfast together."

She nodded walking towards her closet to pick out clothes, "You're having a party later, right?" Elira asked as I was about to leave her room.

"Father is and of course I have to go, but you don't have to go, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable," I said leaning on her bedroom door.

"I don't care if I see him, it's your birthday and I'm coming," Elira said bringing out clothes and placing them on her bed, "What do you think I should wear visiting the human realm later?"

"The brown dress with buttons," I said and she nodded, "I'll wait for you at the breakfast table." I walk out of her bedroom and I'm surprised to see Tristan.

"Happy Birthday!" he smiled handing me a small box and then hugged me.

We pulled away and I looked at the wooden box, "What is it?"

"You have to open it," he said and I chuckled nodding.

I open the box to reveal a crystal; a healing crystal.

"How did you get this?" I asked shocked at the present.

"You don't think I was slacking off in Stigary did you?" he grinned and I hugged him again.

"These are so hard to find! Thank you!" I pulled away.

"How is she?" Tristan asked. And here I thought it was my birthday.

"You couldn't think of me for another second?" I joked and we chuckled, "I was able to bring her out of her bed."

"That's good, well, I'll see you later," he patted my shoulder and was walking away already.

"You're not going to say hello?" I asked as I watched him walk, he turned around.

"I've got things to do," he said and I nodded, "Take care!"