Chapter 35: The Artist

A/N: As a thank you for 1k reads here's an early update! Thank you so much for giving my story a chance and I hope you continue to read.

Enjoy reading! x

-

The Kiss

My eyes were closed as I felt both my arms being held, by Sigmund and Javier. Am I drunk?

I try opening my eyes and see my feet take one step at a time, "Elira, are you awake?" I heard Sigmund ask.

I nod my head and he sighed, "How did this happen?" I heard Javier ask. What did, what happen?

I felt them place me on a bench. Is it a bench? I could hear weird sounds, were those cars?

"I have no idea, do you think the curse is affecting her tolerance to alcohol too?" Sigmund said I think. Curse? What are they talking about?

I try to open my eyes, but my eyelids felt so heavy, my head felt so heavy, I want to sleep,"It wouldn't be impossible that it is, she has been weak, but not as weak like those humans passed out already," I laid my head on someone's shoulder. Mhmm, they have a soft shoulder.

Oh, I was on Sigmund's shoulder, he has nice shoulders, "I knew humans were weak in drinking but did you see that guy in the black shirt?" Javier started laughing, he has such a beautiful laugh.

What were they laughing about?

"You mean the one who passed out after like 6 drinks of beer? Yeah, that was hilarious,"

I wanted to ask them why they were laughing, "Javier, Sigmund ..." why are you laughing?

"Elira?" that's me, right?

"I should probably buy us some water," it feels cold, did Javier move away?

Come back, it's too cold.

"You have money?" I have money! It's in my pocket.

"I won some, during a drinking game with humans they were all out by the 15th drink," Way to the go Javier! But wait, what are humans?

Why is it so quiet and cold? It makes me so sleepy, mhmm, Sigmund is so warm. I should sleep. I try to move my head on Sigmund's lap instead. He gently moved my head in a different position, he has really soft hands.

Tristan has really soft and nice hands. Tristan ... he told me I had to make a decision. Why?

'Elira, there's a few days until you have to get married,'

"But Tristan, I don't want to marry anyone ..." I said. Why did Tristan want me to suddenly choose someone?

Tristan left me that afternoon after telling me that.

"Where did you go?" I ask.

"I'm here," Sigmund? Why is he replying? Where's Tristan?

"I'm so scared," I curl my hands into fists.

I felt someone's hand on mine, "I'm here, and no one is going to hurt you."

He has nice hands, can I hold it?

Another hand caressed the top of my head,"Elira, what are you doing to me?" I'm sleeping on you, silly, "would you accept my feelings, if I told you?" feelings? That sounds nice. I squeezed his hand, will he understand?

"If I kissed you, would it be alright?" Kiss? That sounds fine.

Why is it so quiet again? Did he leave? Wait who was I talking to?

I try to open my eyes, but then I felt very soft lips on mine, a kiss. This is a kiss? I open my eyes and I see pretty eyes it's Sigmund.

"Elira ..." hearing him say my name was like a sweet melody, I close my eyes, "I hope you don't remember this in the morning."

*

I woke up in my room, but it was still dark outside, what time is it?

As I sat up straight, a pain shots up my head. Oh, goodness, am I having a hungover?

I close my eyes trying to think clearly. What happened? Was I drunk?

Suddenly flashes of dancing in a club and Sigmund's and Javier's smiling faces show up.

I open my eyes widely, staring out into my room, "I went out with Sigmund and Javier?" I slowly got out of bed, walking towards my bedroom door.

"Elira?" I hear Chad ask and I turn my head to look at him, my vision blackens and I feel tipsy.

"Are you okay?" I felt a pair of hands on my arms and I held onto the person, I close my eyes for a moment and open them.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"Almost midnight," he said and I nodded, "Are you okay?"

Am I? "I have a horrible headache," I said.

"What about your heart?" he asked.

My heart? Oh right, "It's fine, I think," I said and he nodded.

"Let me lead you back to your bed," he said and we walked back to my bed.

He tucked me in and was about to leave, "Don't leave."

I didn't know why I said that but I felt lonely, "Sure," he said and he sat on my bed, "I'll stay until you fall back to sleep."

"Thank you," I smiled and he nodded.

"Sigmund wanted me to ask you something when you wake up," he said and I stared at him.

Sigmund ... Did something happen?

"What is it?" I asked.

What's this anxious feeling I have?

"Do you remember anything odd that he did?" Chad asked and I slowly shook my head not entirely sure.

"Did he say he did anything?" I asked and he shook his head, "That's weird, why would he ask you, to ask me that?" Chad shrugged.

I involuntarily touch my lips, did he kiss me?

His grey eyes pop into my head, why is his face so close? "Elira, are you okay?"

Chad brings me out of my thoughts, "Your eyebrows were furrowed, were you thinking of something?"

"Oh, nothing. I think I should just sleep, you should too," I said and he nodded.

"I probably should, it's the end of my shift, Cassidy will watch over you," he said and I nodded.

"Thanks for staying when I asked," he smiled.

"Of course," he walked out of the bedroom and I went under the covers.

Did Sigmund really kiss me?