Chapter 61: The Dreamer

November 5, 2018

     I was walking on a meadow by a river bank running across me, I heard children playing ahead of me. I look at them, they looked like Elira, Chad, Tristan, and Jivan when they were younger.

Why am I dreaming this?

     "Tag you're it!" Chad said tagging Tristan.

"I'm coming for you Elira!" Tristan said running towards Elira, who ran away with Jivan.

She smiled as she ran barefooted along the river. Jivan hopped on rocks to go across the river and Elira followed him. She slipped and fell into the water.

"Elira!" they all call out and Jivan jumped into the river, then Elira rose her head above the water, giggling.

"You should've been careful!" Chad says standing next to Tristan near the river.

"I'm fine! Come and join me!" Elira said. She splashed water on Chad and Tristan.

Chad and Tristan were shocked at first but then, jumped into the water as well. They started splashing each other in the water, when a shy girl came.

"What are you guys doing?" they all stopped playing in the water to look at the girl.

"We're playing!" Elira grinned, "Do you want to join us?"

     The girl looks at all of them and she stares at Jivan for a while, she must like him.

Why do I feel like I've seen this before?

     "Maybe I'll just sit here," the girl said as she sat down by the river bank, crossing her legs.

"Splash warning!" Elira said and splashed the girl, who looked extremely upset. Elira's smile slowly turns into a frown, "I thought ... I'm sorry," Elira said and you could see she was about to cry.

"Gotcha!" the girl then splashed water on Elira.

     Everyone looked shocked but then cheered. Elira swam to her and pulled into the water, the girl giggled as her head rose above.

     "What's your name?" Elira asked smiling.

"I'm Viola," she smiled at Elira.

     Viola, who was she? Was this Elira's memory? Or was it just a dream she made up?

     "That's a pretty name! I'm Elira, let's be friends okay?" Elira said and Viola looked confused.

"Friends?" Viola asked tilting her head a bit.

"Yeah, friends! We get to play together!" Elira grinned, "And they're your friends too!" Elira said gesturing to Jivan, Chad, and Tristan.

"I'm Prince Tristan! But call me Tris," Tristan said waving her hand.

"Oh right! I forgot I'm Princess Elira," Elira giggled.

"Prince Jivan," Jivan said simply.

"I'm Chad," Chad said smiling.

"You're not a prince too?" Viola asked and he chuckled.

"No, but I'll be Elira's knight one day!" Chad said.

Elira splashed him with water, "You're already my knight!" she giggled.

"Oh right!" Chad said and chuckled.

"Hey! Let's play who can hold their breath the longest underwater!" Elira said and they all looked at each other.