Chapter 44: The Healer

I was taking a stroll in the village since it was the first time in a while, I didn't have to be by Elira's side. She was on a date with Jivan. I look around greeting the civilians who would acknowledge my presence.

A stall of flower seeds catches my attention and I walk towards it.

     "Are these Fire Lily, seeds?" I asked the lady behind the stall, "These are quite rare."

"They are, we have a few in stock," she smiled and I nodded.

"Can I buy all of it?" I asked and her eyes widen.

     Elira mentioned once that she wanted to add fire lilies to her garden.

     "I'll go check," she went inside her shop and came back, "I'm sorry but apparently that's the last pack," she said.

"I thought you still had a few in stock?" I asked and she frowned.

"That lady," she pointed a girl holding a basket who just came from the shop, "She bought it all, can I interest you in some Jade Vine?" she asked and I shake my head.

"No, thank you," I quickly walk away and chased after the girl.

I tap her shoulder, "Excuse me, miss," she turned around and smiled at me.

     Why did I feel I met her before?

     "Prince Ninurta," she bowed.

"I heard you recently just bought Fire Lily seeds?" she looked confused, "Sorry, the lady from the shop told me," she nodded.

"I did, is there a problem?" she asked and I shake my head.

"I was just wondering if you could spare me some?" I smiled.

"Just because you're a Prince, that doesn't mean you can get things from commoners like me," she said.

"Oh, I didn't mean to sound like that! It's just I wanted to buy some for Princess Elira," I said scratching the back of my head.

"For Princess Elira?" she smiled and I nodded, "Well that changes things, how many?"

"How many do you have?" I asked and she opened her basket to check.

"There are about 6 packs, does 3 sound fair?" she asked and I nodded.

She gave me the packs and I was about to give her money, "It's fine. Just tell the Princess I said hi."

I nodded and put my money away, "Thank you! May I know your name?"

"V-Valarie, my name is Valarie,"

*

     Elira just arrived from her date with Jivan. She smiled and giggled as she told me about it, "Seems like you had a good time."

"I did! I really did! I never thought I'd have this much fun with him! He told me for our next date, we'll go to the human realm, to an amusement park, I had no idea he went to the human realm so frequently like I did!" she was smiling from ear to ear.

     How was I supposed to give her the letter? When she's smiling like that? Maybe I should give her the Fire Lily seeds first and then the letter?

     "Oh! I have to tell Tristan all about it! Can you call him for me?" she said standing up from her bed.

"He's not here," I said as she was about to head to her door that directed to the garden.

"What do you mean he's not here?" she raised her eyebrow and walked back to her bed.

"He left this morning," I said and gave her the letter.