Chapter 46: The Human

"How are you?" Elira asked.

     She had arrived unannounced to my house, once again. But she wasn't alone, Jivan was with her. Her fiancée.

     "I'm fine, what brings me this honor to have the soon-to-be Queen and King of Nura in my abode?" I asked as I was preparing tea for me and her. Jivan declined when I asked.

"I wanted to make sure you're fine, I haven't seen you since the ball," she said leaning on the countertop. It was so weird seeing how Jivan, just followed beside her.

"Well, you've seen me," I gestured to my body and even did a twirl for her, she giggled.

     I look at Jivan he had a blank expression.

     "How's Eva?" she asked as I was pouring the hot water.

"She's fine," I replied handing over a mug of tea to her.

She smiled receiving it, "Thanks. I'm sorry we haven't found a unicorn," she said and I shake my head.

"It's fine," I blow on my tea.

"Unicorn?" Jivan asks.

"Right, I haven't told you," she turned her head to face Jivan.

     Seems like they got close.

     "Can I tell him?" Elira asks and I nodded, taking a sip of my tea.

     I watch as she explains to Jivan. They were talking so casually. It was different from the usual complaints I heard her say about Jivan.

     "There are lots of unicorns running around in Bethescene," Jivan said.

"But they're not open to the public," Elira said.

"Have you forgotten that I'm your fiancée?" Jivan smirked and Elira started blushing.

     Well, that's not uncomfortable to see.

    "Ahem," I coughed and Elira quickly looked at me.

"Right, sorry. Anyway, do you want to see unicorns?" Elira smiled.

"Now?" I asked almost spitting my tea

"Do you have anything else to do?" she tilted her head to the right acting cute.

"I'm sure your fiancée doesn't appreciate you acting cute, in front of another man," I said and Elira giggled.

"Jivan doesn't care," and I look at Jivan who was smiling and shrugged.

"You don't mind that she acts this way?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I think we both know that even if I did mind, Elira would still act the way she wanted," Jivan said.

"Well that is true," I said. Jivan isn't so bad after all.

"You make me sound reckless and careless," Elira pouted.

"You are," I and Jivan said at the same time. We high five each other.

"Whatever," Elira said finished her tea. Right, elves are practically immune to everything, drinking hot water isn't weird at all.

     They waited for me to finish my tea and we were now heading out to Bethescene.

     "What exactly do you need from the unicorn?" Jivan asked as we were riding horses to Bethescene, from the gateway.

"About that Jivan," Elira said.

"Don't tell me you need ..." I watch as the two started to have tension, "Elira! I will not allow it!"