Chapter 48: The Dreamer

June 25, 2018 - The day Sigmund dreamt of Elira's nightmare

     I woke up from a dream, but it wasn't mine. It was definitely Elira's, the one she had when she was unconscious. It gave me the same feeling it did when she was dreaming about it.

This was the first time I ever dreamed something about her, after weeks that passed. I didn't expect it.

She was walking in a forest that I knew was from Bethescene, it was one of the oldest and most sacred forests in Bethescene. She was confused as she saw different creatures and pixies around her. She must not have been here, but if I remember correctly, they had to go here when they were kids to receive the blessings of their ancestors.

There was a path and she followed it. I heard rustling and Tristan was hiding behind a tree. She called him when she spotted him, but when she went behind the tree he was gone. I heard footsteps and saw Selwyn looking at her from Elira's left. She ran after him, she asked if they were playing hide and seek with her.

As she kept looking for them I looked around to see if there was anything in the dream. I quickly walk around, not knowing how long the dream would last or if the scene would change. I look back to Elira there was someone walking behind her, it was a faint figure looking white in color, and I don't think she notices someone was behind her.

The figure reached for her shoulder and then suddenly the surroundings started to fade away. Elira was in a panic, she closed her eyes and then the scene changes, and we were in her bedroom. The white faint figure was by her bed, but she didn't notice. She got out of her bed and her eyes looked around, she walked out of the bedroom and looked for Ninurta and Chad. Once, she realized no one was with her, she went back inside her bedroom, heading for the balcony. Did she really not feel the figure following her?

I stared at the figure whoever it was, it was sad and lonely, it was as if they were longing for Elira's attention. Elira held onto the doors handles of the balcony doors, she took a deep breath and opened it. There was no one there either. The figure was slowly having a more distinct form. I felt a familiarity with the person.

Elira looked up and there was a full moon. The person called out for Elira and she was frightened.

The dream ended with Elira closing her eyes.

I was sat up straight on my bed and I just wrote everything down in my dream book. I read through what I just wrote, what does it mean?

I close my eyes again to recall the aura of the atmosphere, I try to recall the feelings Elira felt. Elira was curious, confused and lastly afraid.

Afraid of what?

How did Elira perceive the dream? It wasn't terrifying at all, but then again, her perspective must've been different from mine. She wasn't aware of the figure until it called Elira's name.

Something about his voice, it was so familiar. He seemed like someone I knew, but why did Elira react so frightened?

Tristan and Selwyn, what was their significance in the dream?

I repeatedly tap my pen against the notebook, thinking what the key points of the dream were.

Aleumdaun Forest. Selwyn and Tristan. White figure.

What did Elira do when she saw Selwyn and Tristan? She chased after them, what does that mean right now?

Tristan and Selwyn are Elira's closest friends. They both love her to the extent they'd do anything to keep her safe and happy, but right now they're keeping their distance. Elira, on the other hand, is trying to keep them close to her, she's chasing after them ...

The white figure follows Elira everywhere. Elira doesn't notice it, she doesn't notice a person who's chasing after her, while she's chasing after Tristan or Selwyn. When she's in her room, she instantly looks for Ninurta and Chad. Her attention is towards people she cares for; people she trusts and people she loves.

The white figure was actually transparent as if it was nearly invisible because Elira doesn't notice it. She doesn't notice a person who longs for her, who ... who loves her. Who is that person? What is that person's purpose? Are they supposed to lift the curse?

And Aleumdaun Forest, the birthplace of the first elves. The place where everything started and where everything ended. They said the souls of the dead would go back there, their final resting place.

Does it mean Elira will visit that place?

This was the first time I've ever witnessed such a dream of hers. It's so intricate and vague at the same time. How was that?

"This is frustrating!" I lied back down on my pillow, staring that the ceiling.

I bring my notebook to my face staring at it, I decided to scribble a circle, because that was how I was feeling, I felt like I was just going in circles. I stop scribbling and stare at the circle.

Why was I feeling uneasy looking at it?

A part of the dream flashes in my head, "The moon!"

It was a full moon, there was a superstition that you meet your true love during a full moon.

Elira saw a full moon and the white figure ...

It was her true love.

The person who will break the curse.

Who was it?