Chapter 24: The Artist

June 15, 2018 - 6 days before the ball

Javier and I were in an empty field almost near the border of Bethescene we usually did our sword fight training here. I always took my lessons with him seriously, but more so now, that I knew someone wanted me dead. It's been a week since I was cursed, Chad has been kissing my hand regularly, Ninurta always checks if my heart was beating and Tristan was still finding a permanent way to break the curse, besides true love's kiss. Other than that, Tristan has been helping me know the extent of my magic power, we sparred using defensive and offensive spells. The first few times, I fainted a lot or got dizzy. Which my Mother and Father questioned, Tristan would just say it because I was working myself too much. But it was the curse affecting me. Being a High Elf and a princess, I was supposed to have unlimited magic at will, however, the curse had an effect on me and I couldn't describe it, it's like when I try to use more magic, I hit a wall.

After Jivan's visit, Tristan explained everything that happened when I was still asleep. I was mad at Javier and Sigmund, but I knew they were just trying to help. They all wanted to help me and it made me feel so weak, I couldn't stand it. And with the new rule, my Father ordered, about me never being alone, I was never alone, Cassidy was always with me, whenever the others had things to do. They would take turns watching over me. Ninurta and Chad were always there, to begin with, but now they never left my side, unless someone else was there to take their place. It was beyond ridiculous!

Javier and my sword clashed and the impact made me fall to the ground.

"Elira, you need to take a break," Javier said panting as he put his sword in his sheath.

"No, I have to be ready when someone tries to attack me again, bring out your sword!" I said standing in a fighting stance, "Javier, please."

He shook his head, I stood straight and sighed.

"If you're not going to help me train, I'll find someone else," I said putting my sword into my sheath that was hanging on the right side of my waist.

"Elira!" I got up on Chelsey, I whistle sending her an aid I wanted to her to run fast.

I felt like crying, but I didn't I just let the wind rush through my hair as I ride freely. Looking ahead, not really sure where I was going. But I wanted to be alone.

The week that past, I could barely sleep without Sigmund's help, I wasn't having nightmares, but I'm too paranoid to fall asleep. And the whole looking for someone to love within two weeks, wasn't my priority, just trying to live each day was a struggle. Now a week has passed and I was nowhere near finding someone. Everything is so frustrating, everyone is treating me differently, except for Selwyn, but that was because he had no idea what was going on and I was glad about that. But I felt guilty lying to his face for the past week. There were times that I snapped at him for trivial things. I also put the problem with Eva's second baby on hold with everything I had to do. However yesterday I made him a promised, that we would go into the troll forest to ask if they could help. We were going tomorrow.

Besides my regular schedule with studying magic, sword fighting, and horse riding. I had to practice dancing for the ball -  which I loved - but I was currently learning the dance for my engagement dance as well. And as the Princess I had to make a speech for the ball, relating the change of season to how I've changed.

There was no time for me to just, be free. As each day passes, I get more stressed, even with the littlest things.

I then realized I was nearing the border of Bethescene, and I could see the castle where I was. I pull on the ropes, making Chelsey slow down.