Chapter 66: The Unknown

"Make sure he completes his task," Mother said as I left the cottage.

I was wearing my invisibility clock as I followed Ninurta walk inside Jivan's bedroom.

"Ninurta," Jivan said surprised, "What are you doing here?"

Ninurta said nothing and raised his hand towards Jivan aiming an energy beam, "What do you think you're doing?" Jivan crafted a shield and deflected the energy beam.

"This isn't you," Jivan said trying to walk closer to Ninurta.

Ninurta's eyes change looking at Jivan, but then it changed back, "I'm sorry." Ninurta shot Jivan and he fell to the floor.

I looked away as Ninurta carried his unconscious body, I opened a portal way to the caves of Death Forest. Ninurta walked through and just dropped Jivan's body on the ground.

"Good job, Ninurta," Mother said smiling sitting on her 'throne'.

"Now bring me the others," she said and Ninurta started to walk out of the cave.

"You don't need to go with him anymore," Mother said and I nodded standing still, "Chain Jivan up."

She threw handcuffs and chains towards me. They fell to the ground and I grabbed them as I dragged Jivan's body towards a wall to hang him up.

"You don't have to do this," I heard him say weakly as I was hanging his hands on the wall with the chains, "I know you're not a bad person."

I kept quite securing the handcuffs on him, "You have a life of your own."

"Viola, your work here is done, go and prepare the things for the seal," Mother said and Jivan's eyes open looking at me.

"I know my friend is still there," he smiled but then went unconscious.

"What are you doing standing there?!" Mother hits me with an energy beam on my shoulder.

"Sorry, I'll go and prepare," I said trying to show the pain from the energy beam.

I walk out of the cave and collapsed on the ground.

How did things lead up to this?

I was running away from a stumped of unicorns and I ended up in a strange forest.

"Where am I?" I rub my bare shoulders as I walked into the forest, "I need to go home."

"What's a little girl doing here?" I heard a strange person say behind me, they were wearing all black, they looked scary, "She's a Nura kid."

"I-I need to go home," I said the tears starting to fall, I walk backward.

"Aw, she wants to go home," another strange person appears from the mist, "You can never go home once you enter Death Forest sweetheart."

"D-D-Death Forest?" I look left and right, there were strange men and women looking at me, "I-I-I n-need to go home to m-my family."

"Weren't you listening? You can't go home, your home is here, with us," a woman said and I kept crying.

I look around and saw an opening and ran for it. I tripped a few times, but I kept running, I don't know where I was running too, but I just kept running.

Until I saw a cottage, I ran towards it and knocked on the door.

A strange woman who looked quite old opens the door, "Well isn't this a surprise, what's a little girl like you doing here?" she smiled at me.

"I-I'm lost and there are these strange people, they're scaring me," I said and she frowned.

She bent down to my height and caressed my head, "You don't need to be afraid anymore, I've found you, okay?"

I nodded my head, "Come inside its cold out," I hesitated but entered.

"Can y-you bring me home?" I asked as I looked at the strange house.

"Home? You're already home," she said sitting down on an old looking couch.

"T-This isn't my home," I shake my head and she frowned.

"This is your new home, we'll have lots of fun together," she said smiling.

"I need to go home to my mother," I said and she frowned.

"I'm your mother now," she said and I shake my head.

"N-No, I need to go home to my family," I said and she sighed walking towards me.

She hugged me, "Hush, hush, now. I'm your new mother okay?" she pulled away from her eyes red and I nodded my head, "That's a good girl, what's your name?"

"Viola,"

Mother loves me, I know she does. That's why she took me in, that's why she protected me all these years, and she loves me.

I know she loves me.

She loves me.

She ...

A/N: Viola is just another victim in Malvoila's game.