Chapter 40: The Artist

A/N: I just saw that my book is ranked #23 for btsau aND IT MADE ME SO HAPPY! AND WHEN I'M HAPPY, I WANT YOU ALL TO BE HAPPY TOO! SO EARLY UPDATE WAAAAAAH!

THANK YOU FOR GIVING MY BOOK YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Enjoy reading! x

-

     A woman wearing black and dark purple clothes enters the ballroom, a drow no doubt. Everyone starts to panic as more drow invaded the ballroom. Guards inside the ballroom started to fight them off.

Jivan and Basil brought out their swords and stood near me.

     "Guards! Guards!" King Aris calls.

"Don't bother calling for help, they're all too busy with others outside," the mysterious woman said.

"My King, don't worry, we'll handle this!" Sigmund said bringing out his sword. He attacked a drow about to hit my father.

"Get the people to safety!" I said as I hit a drow with an energy beam, who tried to attack Clarissa.

"Princess Elira, we must get you to safety," Chad said running with Ninurta towards me.

"Chad, I need you to take care of Selwyn," I said.

"No, I have to protect you-"

"Go, I will protect her," Prince Jivan said.

     Chad sighed and ran to look for Selwyn.

     "Thank you," I said towards Jivan, who nodded.

"Did I miss anything?" Javier stood by me, hitting a few drow heading towards us.

"You have impeccable timing," I teased.

"I am sorry about the other day," Javier said as he swung his sword towards a drow to his left and I hit a drow with an energy beam coming from my right.

"I'll accept your apology if you help Sigmund protect the civilians!" I said crafting a bow and arrow with my magic, I aimed at the mysterious woman. But she tried to dodge my arrow but got hit on her shoulder. She hid behind a pillar.

"On it!" he ran off towards drow targeting civilians.

"Ninurta and Basil. I and Jivan can fend for ourselves, go help the guards outside!" I said and they followed my orders running out. Leaving me with Jivan.

     I scope the area to find the mysterious woman, but I couldn't see her anywhere. I go around aiming at drows that I spotted. I was about to shoot a drow when my father swung his sword at it. I saw my parents, King Elden, King Sirocco, fighting off drow, I then saw Queen Jean passed out.

     "Elden, get your wife to safety, we'll cover you," King Sirocco said as he just killed a drow.

      King Elden quickly carried his wife. They all surrounded King Elden and Queen Jean and ran towards the nearest exit.

     "Jivan, take care of our daughter!" my mother said before leaving the ballroom.

"Where's Tristan?!" I scanned the place to see that he was unconscious in the middle of the dance floor a pool of blood forming around his waist, "Tristan!" I was about to run towards him when a drow blocked my view.

"You're not going anywhere, princess," he said licking his lips mischievously.

Someone hits him with an energy beam, "Princess Elira, come with me!" an elf girl ran towards me.