⟡ 3 ⟡

Sooner than Jeongguk expected, weeks had gone by, and the first snow was long gone, the landscape now covered in a thick layer of snow. In the passing time, Jeongguk had gotten to know Taehyung better, and Taehyung had brought many things to the Cabin.

It was during Taehyung's second week as a part of the hideout, that Jeongguk found out which neighborhood he was from.

A thin layer of snow covered the ground, as Taehyung came skipping towards the Cabin. In his arms he had enough pillows to build a pillow fort, and his pockets were filled to the brim with snacks.

Jeongguk was waiting in the cabin when suddenly the doors were slammed open.

"I got the pillows, and more snacks!" 90 % of the cabin were things donated by Taehyung, and Jeongguk had a hard time wrapping his mind about how he could smuggle all of the items to the hideout without his parents noticing.

Taehyung lived with both parents, and one older sibling. Taehyung had told Jeongguk already two days after they met. Jeongguk always wanted a sibling, and he had envied Taehyung for a few minutes, before brushing off the thought.

"Tae, where do you live? I've never seen your house, but you keep bringing new things." The younger had muttered, as Taehyung placed the pillows on the floor, and emptied his pockets onto the small table.

"Hm?" Taehyung looked up at him, and ate a handful of skittles. Jeongguk blinked at him.

"Where is your house?"

"Oh, you know how I live in a big cabin," Jeongguk nodded at him. Taehyung had enthusiastically talked about his new home after they first met. "It's in the Marksville suburbs." Jeongguk's eyes widened.

Not only did Taehyung live in the suburb across the street, but it was also where the rich people lived, as his mother had told him. Suddenly Jeongguk understood how Tae was able to bring so many things. He was rich.

Jeongguk gulped.

He lived on a street, the complete opposite of Taehyung's. Taehyung didn't know where he lived yet, and he suddenly got embarrassed about it. He had never gotten embarrassed about his house before.

"What about you?" Jeongguk's heart started beating faster.

"Well.." Jeongguk mumbled. Taehyung looked awaitingly at him. "I live on St. Georges street." The response was almost inaudible, and Taehyung looked at Jeongguk a bit before smiling widely at him.

"I can't wait to see your room then." He turned back to focus on the snacks with a smile on his face. Jeongguk was certain that Taehyung already knew what the houses on St. Georges looked like. A sudden smile overtook Jeongguk's face.

Tae had accepted him.

Outside of the Cabin, Taehyung and Jeongguk had built an army of Snowmen. Two of them being bigger than Jeongguk. Taehyung had laughed about that for a while.

Luckily the previous owners had insulated the house, and it wasn't too cold with all of the snow covering the outside world. Taehyung had still insisted on bringing a couple hundreds of blankets. Jeongguk hadn't stopped him.

The two boys were laying on the bean bag (Jeongguk still had no idea about how the older boy had brought it to the cabin), watching Garfield on Tae's new laptop. It was Taehyung who had suggested it, telling Jeongguk that he had already watched it a million times.

The days were spent like this, as winter slowly approached.

Halloween had been interesting. Since Jeongguk always went trick or treating in the same outfit with his mom, Taehyung offered to lend him a costume on the condition that they went trick or treating together.

When Jeongguk mentioned it to Yugyeom, the smaller boy immediately wanted to join. Jeongguk then asked Taehyung if Yugyeom could join them, and Taehyung had been a bit against the boy joining the pair, but after persuasion from Jeongguk, Yugyeom joined them in their trick and treating.

Jeongguk had never collected as much candy as he did that night.

Then suddenly it was November and in the blink of an eye November was over, and then every single house was decorated with Christmas lights. Even Jeongguk's mother put up Christmas lights (old ones that they had had for at least Jeongguk's entire life.

The Christmas lights always made Jeongguk smile.

On the fifth of December, Jeongguk's mother invited Taehyung over for Christmas cookie baking, and the two boys spent the day forming cookies and decorating them. Taehyung was especially proud of a small angel he decorated.

It was supposed to be wearing a white gown and white wings as Jeongguk's mother suggested, but instead Tae decided to give the angel blue jeans, a red sweater and dark brown icing as hair.

"Look Gukkie, it's you!" Taehyung exclaimed. He then moved on to hug the cookie, almost messing up the icing. "He's called Kookie. Kookie Gukkie." Jeongguk giggled, and decided to make a TaeTae cookie to trade with him too.

When Taehyung went home that day, a bag of cookies tugged into his backpack, he had enough cookies of him and Gukkie to make a whole family.

Me posting two days in a row? It's more likely than you think.

This chapter is dedicated to croissantae I just love her so much, and she's one of the people who inspire me to keep writing this story <3

Don't forget to vote and comment since it means the world to an author like me! (:

- ࿎࿎ 𓆉