♤ 36 - fallingforyou ♤

♤ 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚞 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟻 ♤

Disclaimer: None of the following content gets explicit, as the author is too soft for that.
This chapter gets pretty wild, so beware (: You have been warned.

"I swear, I'll end up falling and spraining my ankle."

"It's okay, I got you."

"Please tell me that's the truth."

"It is, we're almost there. Just hold on to my arm. I got you, I promise."

"Okay," sighed Jeongguk, before nearly tripping over yet another tree stump. He held on tighter to the arm guiding him, as he hesitantly took another step forward. His foot met with solid ground, and he continued moving forward, guided only by Taehyung's firm arm.

He already knew where he was going, and he knew that Taehyung knew that he knew. They both just kept silent to add to the idea of an ultimate surprise. A surprise that Taehyung had gone through a lot to plan.

In fact, Taehyung had been 'busy' the past 36 hours, preoccupied with the surprise he arranged for Jeongguk, and although the main surprise was evident, obvious even, Jeongguk was still not sure what it contained.

Yet as soon as he took the first step into the well known forest with his blindfold on, and Taehyung engulfed all senses but his sight, he knew this was right. He trusted Taehyung with his entire being.

"Be careful here, baby." Taehyung mumbled, as he let his hand fall to Jeongguk's waist, guiding him over a large branch.

"Are you ready?" Taehyung put their walk to a halt, and Jeongguk could only nod, scared that his voice would break if he opened up his mouth to answer. "Okay, take off the blindfold."

And that Jeongguk did, looking up only to be met by the same wooden door as always. The entrance of the cabin.

The worn out shed that shaped his and Taehyung's childhood, following them both all the way throughout the oldest of their youngest years to the recent teen-hood. The building that had been abandoned, only to come back stronger.

"Open the door." Taehyung whispered into Jeongguk's ear, pushing him forward encouragingly.

So he opened the door, and was met by a shimmer of dimmed candles and fairy lights all preoccupying the different corners of the small wooden building, lighting it up softly.

Jeongguk stepped inside, and looked around in wonder. It looked beautiful.

"Surprise baby," said Taehyung, and Jeongguk turned around to embrace him in a tight hug.

"This is perfect," Jeongguk mumbled into the nape of Taehyung's neck. "Just perfect."

"I know right? I just knew it had to be very subtle..." Taehyung trailed off, as he put his backpack down next to the small table, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

Jeongguk smiled fondly at him, as he let his arms rest behind the older's neck, Taehyung holding Jeongguk by his waist at the same time.

"I like you. A lot." Jeongguk whispered, before connecting his and Taehyung's lips in a soft kiss. Taehyung, eager to respond to the kiss, moved his lips along with Jeongguk, as the two held on tightly to one another.

The subtle touches of their lips quickly turned into more, and before Jeongguk was able to fathom what was happened, he was being pushed towards the stairs leading to the loft.

"Wait," he gasped, pushing Taehyung back a bit. The older looked confused, until he saw Jeongguk reaching for the black backpack.

Mentally slapping himself for forgetting, he decided to just be thankful that Jeongguk remembered, and that he wouldn't have to do the crawl of shame down the ladder to retrieve it later on.