⟡ 9 ⟡

The birds were all sat as large balls on the fence, trying to puff themselves up as much as possible, to stay warm. In the midst of the winter season, two voices could be heard outside, belonging to the two boys tumbling around in the snow trying to take in as much of winter as possible, before the season would disappear for another 9 months.

Taehyung turned 10 years old, which had been celebrated with a big party, that several people attended, including Taehyung's classmates. Jeongguk, of course, was there too, and even though he received a few disgruntled glares from the upperclassmen, he decided to brush it off, doing his best to celebrate his best friend.

Jeongguk's birthday present to Tae was once again homemade. This time being a black (high fashion, Jeongguk would say) woven scarf, made by none other than Jeongguk (only with a bit of help from his mother).

Jeongguk had given Taehyung his gift before the rest of the kids showed up to the birthday party. He knew the others would bring expensive gifts, bought from their parents wallet, and he felt like his gift was insignificant compared to the others.

Taehyung hadn't cared for the other gifts much though. He adored the scarf almost as much as he adored Jeongguk.

Now here they were, in the middle of January, running around the spruce forest plowing through the snow. Taehyung was chasing Jeongguk through the forest, embrace full of snowballs, a single one in his hand aimed at Jeongguk. The younger let out a high pitched squeak as he ran past the trees, searching for a place to take cover.

He quickly reached a larger tree, and decided to take cover and get armed himself. He bent down to form a snowball, only to look up, facing the one and only Taehyung.

He shrieked loudly, and dropped the snowball, ready to run again. But before he could run anywhere, the older grabbed his arm, and pulled Jeongguk with him.

"Noo!" Jeongguk exclaimed, trying to resist the pull of the older. "Don't snow me-" Before he could finish the sentence, Taehyung shoved a fistful of snow into the younger's mouth. Jeongguk accidentally inhaled some of the snow, and coughed out what hadn't turned to water yet, hitting Taehyung's face with some of it.

Taehyung dried it off with his left hand, and continued to pull Jeongguk with him towards the cabin. As they reached the cabin, after much resistance, Taehyung pushed him gently onto the ground, keeping the arm incident in mind.

"I'm gonna cover you in snow, Gukkie!" Taehyung laughed evilly, and the younger just squealed, as he started flopping his arms, trying to snow the other equally as much as he was about to be.

One hour later the two boys turned up at Taehyung's house, both dripping wet from the melted snow, and shivering like they just left a ghost house. Taehyung's father was the one to open the door, and he immediately pulled the two boys in, telling them to go change into dry clothes.

They changed quickly in Taehyung's room (Taehyung lending Jeongguk one of his PJ's), and went down to the living room, only to be greeted by a cup of hot chocolate waiting for them at the sofa-table. The boys were quick to gather some blankets, and curl up next to each other.

Jeongguk sipped the hot cocoa in his hand. He instantly closed his eyes, and hummed in contentment. No-one made hot cocoa like Tae's dad.

Jeongguk then opened his eyes, and looked up at Taehyung. The older smiled at him, and Jeongguk was quick to return the gesture.

"Are you exited about going to Middle school next year?" Taehyung's smile faltered for a second, but he was quick to pull it back to normal. It took him a while to respond.

"Guess so. I heard it's full of snobby people tho." Taehyung shrugged. Jeongguk furrowed his brows a bit, and looked down at his hands. He then looked back up at Taehyung

"Didn't your big sister just graduate from middle school? Did she like it? What has she said about it? Don't you-"

"Jeongguk stop asking so many questions." Taehyung snapped. The younger immediately shut his mouth, and looked back down. Taehyung's expression then softened, and he grabbed Jeongguk's left hand, squeezing it.

"I didn't mean to snap at you Gukkie." Taehyung said softly. "I just cannot handle all of the questions, since I don't know what I'll do next year without you." 

Good thing it will only be one year, Jeongguk thought to himself, but refrained from saying it out loud.

"It's okay taetae. I understand- at least I think so." Jeongguk, turned to look at Taehyung, and then lean up against him, cuddling him. Taehyung put his arm around Jeongguk shoulder, and pulled the younger further against him, almost angry at the blanket for making a border between them.

Jeongguk was quiet for a while, still holding onto the older's hand. Jeongguk then gasped quietly, and looked up at Taehyung, his eyes beaming. "I got it!"

"I'll go to the same middle school as you." Jeongguk assured the older. Taehyung's heart broke a little bit. He then sighed, looking down at Jeongguk.

"I'm sorry Gukkie, I don't know if that will be possible. My parents have signed me up for Missoula Private Middle School next year."

Hello everybody! I finally returned from my trip to Ireland, after spending the past 8 days urging to write this chapter. I didn't update yesterday, since I basically spent the day sleeping haha :p

Also thank you for all of the reads! I can't believe I actually got 2k+ reads these past 10 days, without even updating. I'm so grateful for all of you who have been waiting for a new chapter, and I hope you'll like this one and the ones to come. Love you guys ;;

(As always) don't forget to vote and comment since it means the world to an author like me! xx

- ࿎࿎ 𓆉