♤ 35 - YOUTH ♤

♤ 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚃𝙷 - 𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚢𝚎 𝚂𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚗 ♤

It was in the beginning of October that Taehyung realized something was up with Jeongguk.

It wasn't that Jeongguk was acting weird or avoiding Taehyung. He just seemed very distant, meaning that he often daydreamed or took longer to answer questions or engage in conversation with Taehyung. And that would've been fine if he acted that way because of school or other matters, towards everyone.

But Taehyung was the only person Jeongguk was being like that around. When he looked over at his boyfriend's table during lunch, he seemed very happy and engaged in the ongoing conversation at the table. Taehyung even went to Kiana to ask her, and she seemed just as confused as Taehyung felt.

So he decided to ask Jeongguk about it.

"Jeonnie?" Taehyung asked. The were sitting in the cabin playing a game of cards, the activity lit up by the fairy lights surrounding them. Outside it was windy, and a howling owl sat in one of the trees of the cooling forest.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk replied as he put down the Jack of spades.

"Are you doing okay?"

Jeongguk looked up from the cards with a puzzled expression, either not understanding the question, or feeling slightly intimidated by it.

"I mean, you're very distant lately." Taehyung shuffled a bit closer to Jeongguk, careful not to mess up the game in between them.

"I–"

"Talk to me Gukkie. Please."

"I'm confused, Taehyung. About you. About us." Jeongguk then finally said. Taehyung furrowed his brows, and put his cards to the ground.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want to be with me?" Jeongguk then boldly said. Taehyung laughed stiffly.

"Of course. You know that you're my most important person. You're my whole world, Guk." Jeongguk took a deep breath, as he cuddled the blanket around his shoulders.

"Are you sure?"

"What is this, Jeongguk? You know that I'm not just playing around, I want you just as much as you want me." Taehyung almost sounded hurt, and Jeongguk wanted nothing more than to hold him tight and kiss him all over.

"I know, I know but– I just get so scared. I mean, you haven't even made a move on me since we returned from Jamaica, so I don't know if you really want–"

Taehyung scrambled over the cards, completely ruining the placement of them, and grabbed Jeongguk's waist as he pulled the younger as close to him as possible.

"Please don't doubt me. I was just afraid that we were moving ahead to quickly, and I want to treasure you always and forever. You should've just told me if you wanted to take it a step further." Taehyung whispered into the nape of Jeongguk's neck, before placing a tender kiss below the ear.

"I want you now, and I want you forever, Jeongguk. My youth is yours."

Jeongguk sniffled as he moved back to face Taehyung properly. He smiled as a single tear escaped down his cheek.

"Okay." He mumbled before moving to kiss Taehyung on the lips. His hands moved to the other boy's cheeks, and he caressed the cheekbone with his thumb as their lips moved in sync.

This is just perfect, Jeongguk thought, and he was certain that he wouldn't mind being here with Taehyung like this for the rest of his life.