♤ 28 ♤

Mid-December and Jeongguk was finally settling into high school.

By spending his school-hours with Kiana and the rest of his squad, and then hanging out with Taehyung after school, he managed to balance his social life very well.

It was lunchtime, and Jeongguk was eating his packed lunch together with his friends. The table was packed, and everybody has a conversation going on, as well as him and Kiana.

"No, I'm not saying that 5 Seconds of Summer is the upcoming rock-band of the year, but that's exactly what I'm saying."

"Aren't you supposed to like, what, Five Directions or whatever they're called."

"Ew, no way. I would never. Just because everybody else likes them, doesn't mean I do."

"Well everybody else likes them."

"Duh! That's why I don't like them."

"I don't get you."

"You don't get pure art, that's what." Jeongguk slapped Kiana's arm lightly at this comment, very offended.

"You've clearly never listened to Maroon 5 or Muse."

"I would prefer One Direction over those anyday." This earned Kiana a harder slap on the arm. But the damage had already been done. Soon the unavoidable 1D vs Justin Bieber debate lit up the entire canteen, and squealing girls and groaning boys could be heard all over.

Jeongguk was about to eat his watermelon salad but a hand met his shoulder, startling him and causing him to throw his salad into the air, causing a mess on the table.

"You ass!" He yelled, clearly distressed about dropping the peak of his day. He turned around to see Taehyung smiling at him. "I don't forgive you for that."

"Didn't expect you to. I promise I'll make you the same salad later." Jeongguk squeezed his eyes together, eyeing Taehyung. "That wasn't the reason I came though, I was wondering if we could meet at mine after school? It's quite important."

Jeongguk nodded cautiously. Taehyung wasn't ever all about importance, so when he finally portrayed the least bit of seriousness, Jeongguk expected the worst.

"We could walk to yours together? Our classes finish at the same time right?"

"Sure." Taehyung smiled, keeping it subtle before walking off.

Jeongguk turned around to keep up with the newest debate, which was now about the hunger games. He scoffed, but entered the conversation nevertheless.

As the afternoon turned blue, Taehyung and Jeongguk were steadily approaching the older's house. Instead of taking the usual way home, Taehyung pulled Jeongguk along on a far more deserted detour. This, however, meant privacy. And privacy meant that Jeongguk got to hold hands with Taehyung. And you could bet your ass that Jeongguk was going to grab Taehyung's hand at any given opportunity.

"I'm just saying that musically, Justin Bieber is definitely better than One Direction."

Taehyung laughed, as he opened the door to his home, walking into the hall. "I guess so. I really would like to hear you sing one of his songs."

"I don't sing." Jeongguk blushed.

"I bet you would be good if you tried." Taehyung huffed, grabbing two scarfs from the coat hook. He gave one to Jeongguk, and the younger looked questionably at it for a few seconds, before looking back at Taehyung.

"And what is this for?"

"We're going back outside, I have something to show you."

"Now? No way in hell. It's freezing out. You sure you don't just want to go to your room and watch... maybe Inception?"