Meet and Greet

A/N: The first few paragraphs are slow, but it's because it's all background and the book would not make sense if it was not there. According to most of my readers it is a good book, so bare with me. Thank you for reading!

———————————————————————

POV: Sam

It's been a month since I've gotten home from my previous tour. My stats grew higher, even though it was due to me killing people even if they were shooting at my men and I. Oh, I forgot to mention, I am the Captain of my SEAL team, but we all work together like a family. I'm the youngest of the team, so it's like having six older brothers especially when we have our boots on our own land. Overseas on the other hand, I lead.

We have Mike Lanson who is our explosives specialist; he can blow up a whole building in a matter of minutes. Then we have Jason Davis who is our rifleman, and damn he can hit a penny that is a hundred yards away with his rifle. Then one of the badest people alive, Rick Douglas; that man can throw a two hundred pound person over his head, so as you can predict he is our hand to hand combat specialist. Then the weirdest one out of all of us, but we love him anyways, is Erik Thomas; he is our tech specialist, so he is the one who hacks into the computers for information while we defend him. Then we've got another badass, yet he is the softest one out of all of us who loves hugs and has four kids, Kirt Brown who is our K-9 handler. Our K-9's name is Kida and she is adorable, yet terrifying if you're on her bad side. Last but not least my second in command, Yale Edison; he is the interrogator, medic, and close range marksman specialist.

I, Sam Ranklen, on the other hand lead these weirdos. At the end of the day, it is my job to get my brothers back home safely. I am the silent weapons specialist. My thing is tomahawks and bow and arrows, so if we have a stealth mission I am usually the one who handles the 'bad guys' as my daughter calls them.

I kinda feel bad if someone were to pick on my daughter, because they'll have a whole SEAL team on their ass, and they'd be wishing for death within seconds. All of my guys are her uncles. She's got Uncle Mikey, Uncle K, Uncle Ricky, Uncle Erik, Uncle Jay, and Uncle Yale (it took her years to be able to properly pronounce his name. It started off with "Uncle Ya"). These guys love Teagan to bits and pieces.

My Daughter, Teagan, is my world. I spoil the shit out of that child and my mom does too. We moved to L.A. after the... incident (yeah, we'll call it that), because being in the same town, no, same coast was killing us. She turns five tomorrow, so for her birthday I'm taking her to go see her favorite singer of all time, who happens to mine as well, Demi Lovato.

She grew up listening to Demi Lovato, since her music pulled me out of... the state of mind I was in. It turned into more of a lifestyle that I couldn't get out of on my own, so I turned to music.

I may be tough on the outside, but on the inside I'm one of the weakest people alive. It may have been years ago, but it still haunts me. Every night I have a nightmare about it and I can't stand it.

I turned to drugs and alcohol after I had Teagan. I was cutting during my pregnancy with her, because I didn't want to be selfish by drinking and doing drugs while pregnant with her, even though doing it is almost just as bad because I'm setting a terrible influence on my own daughter and I'm being a shit role model.

To this day, I still cut, drink, and unfortunately do drugs even after going to rehab. I can't go a day without drinking, and I definitely can't go an hour without drugs as sad as it sounds. I know it's pathetic, but I'm pathetic so it makes sense.

I'm such a horrible role model for my daughter, but no matter how many times I try to stop for her... I can't do it. My guys have even tried to help me out since all of us literally live on the same road, but nothing works.