Just Hold Me, I'm Lonely

POV: Sam

I kept my footsteps as quiet as possible as I walked into her room.

"I'm sorry for the fans I lost
Who watched me fall again
I wanna be a role model, but I'm only human

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
I do it every, every, every time
It's only when I'm lonely
Sometimes I just wanna cave and I don't wanna fight
I try and I try and I try and I try and I try
Just hold me, I'm lonely

Momma, I'm so sorry I'm not sober anymore
And daddy, please forgive me for the drinks spilled on the floor
To the ones who never left me, we've been down this road before
I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore

I'm not sober anymore

I'm sorry that I'm here again
I promise I'll get help
It wasn't my intention
I'm sorry to myself." I watched as a tear hit the keyboard, and I want nothing more right now than to walk over to her and catch the next one, and then stop any others.

"I can't sleep tonight." I sang softly.

Demi tensed up for a second, but relaxed when she realized it was me.

"Wide awake and so confused." I took another step towards her.

She scooted the bench back and put her elbows on her knees before putting her face in her hands.

"Everything's in line." Every step I took had a lyric to go with it.

Her crying became more audible.

"But I'm bruised."

Demi pulled at her hair. I need her to give in before I touch her.

"I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home
I kinda need a hero
Is it you?"

She stood up and laid flat on the bed. Her tears started to fall more frequently and her soft crying turned into sobs.

"I never see the forest for the trees
I could really use your melody
Baby I'm a little blind
I think it's time for you to find me."

If I touch her before she gives in, I'll lose her trust. I know where she is right now.

"Can you be my nightingale?
Sing to me
I know you're there
You could be my sanity
Bring me peace
Sing me to sleep
Say you'll be my nightingale."

I watched as she finally stood up and ran over to me which made a small smile tug on my lips.

"I love you." I whispered before kissing the top of her head as I pulled her to me.

As soon as my arms wrapped around her she broke down. I had to hug her tighter so she wouldn't fall on the floor.

"You're okay Demi. I'm here. I love you. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you needed me though." I whispered again, but my voice cracked when I apologized. I hate myself for not being here. Just because I was restrained didn't mean I couldn't try harder to escape.

"Sam, you can't be everyone's hero." Demi looked up at me.

"But it's my job as your girlfriend to be your hero." I put my forehead against hers.

"Mine as well." She whispered.

I rubbed the pad of my thumb across her cheek to wipe the tears that were falling. "I'm sorry." A single tear escaped my eyes.

"It's not your fault that my ex was crazy, Love. You can't blame yourself for every bad thing that happens to me." Demi stood on the tips of her toes and placed a soft, gentle kiss on my lips. "Just hold me, I'm lonely."

I picked her up and walked us over to the bed before laying down and pulling the blankets over us with her on top of me. "I'm not going anywhere. Remind me to never go look at a flashing light at the end of a dark hallway."

She softly giggled in my neck as she wrapped herself tighter around me.

"I love you." I spoke in the softest voice I have and kissed the top of her head.

"I love you too." Her lips formed into a small smile against the exposed skin on my neck.

—————————————————————

POV: Kelsey

"Are they back together?" I asked the CAST worker who lead Sam to Demi's apartment.

"I don't know ma'am. I was told not to go in by a very scary Sam, and I don't want to piss her off again." The poor guy lifted his hands up in a surrendering manner.

I nodded as I took a deep breath. I'm praying I won't open the door and see a massacre.

I closed the door behind me as quietly as possible. Let's not stir the shit pot anymore than it is already.

"Demi?" I called out as I started to venture through the apartment. "Sam?"

When I realized that the only room I hadn't looked through was the bedroom, my stomach dropped. What in the hell happened? I turned the handle of the bedroom door slowly and hesitantly.

Surprisingly, I grew a pair and opened the door to see Demi practically laying on Sam with her arms and legs wrapped around her, and Sam had her arms securely wrapped around Demi's waist and laced her legs with hers. I'm assuming they got hot, because the blankets are on the floor.

"Are they okay?" Max asked from behind me.

"Shhhh." I shushed him and nodded towards the two love birds.

All I saw was his face light up at the sight of a happy Demi.

—————————————————————

POV: Demi

"Time to eat master chef lady!" I woke Sam up by jumping on top of her. I've been up for awhile since I had to go to group therapy earlier this morning. Sam never went when she was here, partially because they were afraid she'd snap and kill someone.

"We don't have ingredients." Sam groaned and rolled over on her side.

"I got some." I smiled down at the morning monster.

"Ten minutes." Sam mumbled.

"You said that ten minutes ago. We already had this exact conversation. Now up you go master chef lady!" I cheered and Sam rolled on her back to look me in the eyes.

"You are very very lucky I love you." Sam's expression was blank, at least she tried to keep it blank since a smile started to creep on her lips.

"I know." I giggled as I got up and took her hand to drag her out of bed.

"Okay, okay, I'm up." Sam stopped me before I pulled her out of bed and onto the ground.

"Pancakes?" I asked with a smile.

"Did you get vanilla extract?" She raised a brow as if I didn't pay attention to everything she put into the mix last time she made breakfast.

"Yes I did, now scoot." I smacked her ass as she walked passed me which caused her to shoot a wink back at me.

"What else do you want? Eggs? Grits? Hash browns?" Sam started to list off some sides.

"Eggs and your sliced hash browns please." I gave her an innocent and convincing smile which earned a soft chuckle. Since she just woke up it was raspy, and let me tell you it was hot.

"Anything else Queen?" Sam teased.

"That's all for now. I'll let you know if I think of anything else." I went along with it which earned an eye roll from her, but the whole time she was keeping in her laughs to the best of her ability.

This girl is my drug.

——————————————————————

A/N: All fixed😇