Kinda Weird

POV: Teagan

It's kinda weird not being able to see things out of one of your eyes, but it's okay. I've still got another one, and as Mommy says to my uncles 'walk it off' even though its hard to walk in a line, but I just go with it. She hasn't told me that before, but I'm sure I'll get it one day when I'm bigger.

But now I am in the road with my Mommy, Oma, Demi (who is basically another mommy to me but I won't tell her that), and all of my uncles and their families as we watched Uncle Mike set up the boom thing so he could blow up the meanie that was in my head.

"Everyone back up. I'm going to hit the button when everyone is at a safe distance." Uncle Mike yelled at all of us and we all backed up into the grass so we weren't even on the road.

Mommy slid the ear muffs over my ears while everyone else plugged their ears with their fingers other than Uncle Mike since he is used to it.

I kinda still hurt in my head, but it's okay. I take some medicines that make me feel better every morning and night.

"Five, four, three, two, one!" Uncle Mike counted it down before running away.

He said he made it himself and he doesn't know if it is going to blow up right, but everybody knows it will. He is really good at blowing things up.

A big flash of blue went up to the stars before other colors bursted around it when it hit the sky. I don't like it when they hit the sky. I want them to go further.

When the last few sparks hit the road everybody took their fingers out of their ears and Mommy slid my earmuffs off.

"There were so many colors!" I jumped up and down with a smile. I love it when Uncle Mike does the cool stuff.

"What?" Mommy looked down at me funny.

"There were bunches of colors." I looked back at her with the same look.

"It was only white." Mommy whispered.

"Nooo it wasn't." I giggled at her silliness. She does this a lot.

"Teag, I'm not playing. It was only white. Let me see your eyes." Mommy then bent down and looked me in the eyes with her phone flashlight. "Wow," she whispered.

"Something wrong?" Oh no, I'm going to die.

"No baby." Mommy chuckled. "Your eyes are just changing colors like crazy and it's amazing is all."

—————————————————————

POV: Sam

"I need to ask you something kiddo." I looked behind me to make sure Demi wasn't near me. When I left the bedroom she was napping, so I'm hoping I didn't wake her up.

"Okie dokie." Teagan giggled.

"Come with me." I walked downstairs to the movie theater just to be safe.

When we got there I sat in a chair and Teagan sat in one beside me.

"How would you feel if I asked Demi to marry me? I would never stop loving you as much as I do and I will never stop being here for you. Nothing between us will change. I just love Demi very much and I want to ask you first." I know she is five, but she is mature and smart as hell. She hasn't even gone to school yet, but she can read, write, recite her alphabet, spell a lot better than me, name a shit ton of countries, name all of the continents and oceans, and can name a shit ton of animals. Whereas at her age I could barely speak English, but I was very fluent in dumbass.

"Yeah! Does that mean I'll have two mommies?" Teagan whispered the second part, but her smile was from ear to ear.

"That's up to her, but you're okay with it?" I asked her again just to be sure.