18.) Discharge Day

"Okay, who wants to be discharged?" Will asked as he entered the Severide room, 2 days after everything had happened.

"Me!" Everyone yelled, the kids itching to go back home. Sure, Stella, Riley, Evan, and Andrew could've left the hospital, but it just didn't feel right to either parent after they'd come close to losing all of their babies. The family just wanted to stick together for awhile.

"Alright. Kelly, you can fill out your papers, Stella, you can fill out Jack's. And, I'll return in a few minutes to take the papers and get you all out of here."

Once Will left and the parents began filling out the paperwork, Andrew approached Stella. "Mom? Are you and Dad getting married today?"

"Yes, just like we talked about yesterday. When we get out, we're going to the courthouse and getting married. But, remember, it's a secret for now."

"Okay!" He said happily, going back to the couch to play with his siblings.

"Alright, it's time to be released." Will said as he, Natalie, and April came in with three wheelchairs.

"We get to ride out?" Jack asked, his eyes wide either excitement.

"Yep. Have a seat." Will said, helping Kelly into one chair, Jack sitting on his lap.

"Come on, Riley!" Andrew called, sitting down in one and patting the space beside him.

"Do I have to?" Evan asked, not liking a lot of attention to be on him.

"You were admitted so, yeah, it's protocol." Will explained.

"What's protocol?" He asked.

"It means sit down and enjoy the ride." Riley laughed, sitting beside Andrew.

"Fine, but I'm not going alone. Come on, Mom!" He said, looking up at Stella.

"Yeah, go on, Mom. Your chariot awaits." Natalie chuckled.

"I wasn't admitted, I don't need a ride out." Stella said.

"Sure you do! Everyone wants to be pushed out." Kelly smiled, looking at his soon-to-be wife.

"Not me." Evan pointed out.

"I'm getting you a riding buddy, keep quiet." Kelly joked, ruffling his son's hair.

"Fine, I will ride with Evan." She said, sitting in the chair with the bags Herrmann and Otis had brought them over the last few days, including the keys to their van parked outside.

"Let's go! Onward, Nurse Maggie!" Andrew laughed.