29.) Get The Kid Out

"Can you help me out? Please. Can uh, hello? Can someone help me please?" Stella asked as many nurses and doctors as they ran around the hospital in Gary, trying to control the chaos.

As Stella began to get overwhelmed, Jack took things into his own hands. He pushed his way to the front desk and got the attention of the receptionist.

"Sir, we're slammed right now. Minor injuries and illnesses have got to wait." She said, clearly overwhelmed and annoyed.

"That's great, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here because there is a 36% chance either my dad or my brother survived that plane crash. Now, there's a 50/50 chance they're here. I'm going to need to know if they've been admitted here, or if they're in LaPorte, or if they're dead and in a thousand pieces, like the plane."

"Uh, I'm sorry, can I get their names?" She asked.

"Evan and Kelly Severide."

She typed the names into the computer and was quiet as she searched. "I'm not seeing them in the system, but if they were unconscious, their names aren't known so they might be here."

"How can I find out if they're here or not then?"

"You'll have to wait. We have 25 people who were life-flighted here and most of them can't tell us their names right now."

Jack sighed and nodded, walking away and back towards his family. "Not helpful."

"What now?" Riley asked. As they discussed what to do next, CJ had other plans. He snuck off into the ED, sneakily peering behind each curtain and looking for his brother and father.

Finally, he found them both in the same room, doctors and nurses running crazy around them. That was, until a nurse saw him. "Hey, kid, you can't be in here!"

"No, that's my dad and my brother! Daddy! Evan!" He called, fighting to get in the room as the nurse attempted to keep him out.

"Get the kid out of here! And call the OR, we gotta get these two to surgery." A doctor called as the nurse dragged CJ out of the room.