Chapter 6: California King Bed

Omniscient POV

The sun was barely peeking through the closed curtains of the semi dark bedroom. With it being Monday morning it was time to start the week. Put on the painted smiles she had gotten so use to wearing to cover up the sadness and shame she felt while make up hid the physical damage. It was a little after six Ryan was sitting up back against the headboard in the California king she shared with the man who owned her heart. His arms were wrapped her waist not in a lovely secure way but in a trapping way so she wouldn't be able to live him in the middle of the night while he slept. Allowing her nails to rub the skin of his scalp as her eyes focused on nothing in particular in front , a  single tear escaped.

She couldn't wrap her mind around when was the exact moment her life  her relationship turned for the worst. Jahmal wasn't always like this well I guess that's what most women say when they're in a situation similar to Ry's. Always making excuses for their partner , blaming themselves for making them upset and not doing what they were told. If only I would've listened I wouldn't have these bruises now. She could remember the first moment they met , how shy and hesitate he as to speak to her. Watching him watch her that whole Sunday morning while Church serve was happening. He did that for about two weeks until she realized he was never going to make the first move so she did. His quietness was what drew her in almost the same way Anthony shy and quietness did. His lack of confidence made her want to give and show him just how worthy of her attention he was or so she thought.

Everything placed out great the first year of their relationship. He treated her like a queen , made sure she wanted or needed for nothing. In Ryan's eyes he was her knight in shining armor , she was head over heels in love. Even though her nana always told her to be careful and saying there was something off about the young man she didn't listen. Feeling like it was her life and couldn't nobody tell her how to live it. So when he proposed of course she didn't hesitate to say yes. Little did she know she was giving the devil himself her hand in marriage. They were only engaged for a little over a month the first time he had hit her. It wasn't even her fault but let him tell it , it was. She should've trust him he said , be a good wife and stay out of his phone. But it wasn't like she meant to she honesty was just trying to bring it to him because he kept receiving text messages from a number that was logged in as Work. Since he didn't have his "Show Preview" turned off she keep see a little bit of one of the text that read You must be still around wifey let me know when she's gone so I can.....With the rest of the message being cut off she couldn't help but to unlock his phone and read the rest and what she found broke her heart in two.

He was cheating on her. The man she was ready to give her heart and soul to was sleeping with another. Being so caught up in reading the conversation behind her man and this woman seeing the pictures ad dirty text they exchanged Ry didn't see the firm hand coming her way until it was too late. Her body went to floor with so much force that her head actually smacked against it leaving her in a daze. Jahmal only took his phone and left her there in pain and crying. When he returned the next morning she could smell the other female all over him along with the passion marks the bruised both sides of his next. He wasn't even trying to hide it now while placed a kiss on her cheek before threatening to kill her if she left him or told anybody what had happen prior. Not wanting to be hit anymore she did as she was told never saying a word to anybody and she stayed but the abuse didn't stop there and deep down inside she knew it wasn't.

The feeling of arms squeezing around her pulled her out of the depressing memory. With her watery eyes she looked over at the clock that read 6:30 it was time for her to start getting ready. Turning to get out of his hold without waking him Ry took her time sliding from the bed and as soon as she thought she was safe a hand gripped her wrist causing a cold chill to run up her spine.