Chapter 22: Enemy

They say pain is growth, I hear you
I just wanna make it stop, all this hurt, fuck
Waking up to my high, empty place
(I'm all alone)
Messages in my phone, telling me that you're gone
Didn't even give me one chance to explain
(tell me why)
I guess it didn't matter at all, matter at all
(yeah, I know I fucked up, baby)

Anthony POV

I didn't even have to open my eyes to know where I was. The constant bleeping and cold air was proof enough that I had ended up in the  last place I wanted to be. Keeping quiet as if I was still asleep a listened to the voices converse back and forth about the health, physical and mental. But neither of the voices was the one I longed for. The one I desperately needed to hear but it didn't surprise me at all. I knew she would run leaving me drowning. Why should I inspect any different when I was in her face everyday and she chose not to see it.

Apart of me broke though and has continued breaking every second that went by she wasn't here. This hurt worst than the fall , seizures, and being shot all together. You would think I would be use to pain by now seeing that it's become apart of my everyday life but I haven't. That's why I took the route I did. Drugs and alcohol had became go to. Something I needed in order to handle what life was throwing at me but in the end I couldn't handle any of it.

Never should've thought I could do so on my own at least.

The one familiar voice I did hear though was the one that belong to my brother. A nigga whose been there for your boy since the first day he met me. Doing everything he could to keep me on my feet well at least try even when I don't deserve it. Chris reminded me of my own blood brother I lost a few years back. In the way he always looks out for me. Making sure I'm straight and that I got it Before he checks for himself. I know don't tell him enough but do appreciate him taking on a roll and filling the shoes of someone he didn't even know.

I laid there quiet until I heard the door connecting my room to the hallway close. I'm hoping both Breeze and whoever he was talking to left because I couldn't face him right now. Too sick with myself, I didn't want to see the look of disappointment in his eyes. How disappointed he was in me. Taking a chance I turned my head to the right before opening my eyes one at a time. I thought my prayers had been answered until my sights focused on a figure sitting in the corner. Hunched over head in hands I knew it was Breeze. Ready to pretend to be sleep again but his low mumbles stopped me. I couldn't make out every word he was saying but I did hear God Please.

That alone made me feel more like shit than I already did. I had my homie worried about me because I'm out here doing what I knew wasn't right, not giving a fuck about how it would effect others. I appreciated him praying for me but I shouldn't have put him in this position in the first place.

I'm guessing he was done talking to God because Breeze looked up causing us to instant make eye contact. Us being bros we had account less moments where we were the only two around but this is the first time shit was awkward. He looked at me shocked that he was even staring back at him while I mental begged him not to start the most have and well needed conversation. Focusing on me for a few more seconds before dropping his gaze with a quick shake of his head.

At this point I would have rather the conversation then the deadly silence.

"Breeze...I —" He cut me off with a quick wave of the hand letting me know he ain't want to hear shit I had to say.

Apart of me wanted to be mad and say fuck him, that his disapproval ain't mean shit to me but I would only be lying to myself.

"Why man...dats all I wanna know is why ?" His question was simple I just wish the answer was that same way. But before I could even try to form my lips to speak he continued. "I ain't asking why you do it cuz I already know dat answer. I wanna know why you ain't come to me before it got to dis point Yungin'. We boys...when I say you my brother I mean dat shit and how you are getting yourself addicted to....how am I suppose to deal with dis shit. How am I suppose to help you when you doing dumb shit like dis ?!"

"I...I don't know."

"You don't know ?! Bullshit Tone your ass know something." This nigga jumped out of his seat so fast, I lifted my weak ass body up from the bed as best I could because I felt like he was ready to throw hands again. "We ain't lil ass boys nigga. You know what da fuck bothering you and why you started doing dis shit inna first place so tell me ! Man da fuck up and tell me !"

Now with me sitting up right I bent my head down looking at nothing in particulate. I've been on the other side of this conversation before she I knew what he's feeling. It ain't anger or frustration but guilt and sadness.

"You got shit together mane. Whateva get thrown yo way you deal with it and move on. How was I suppose to tell you how fucked up I am, fucked up my mind is when you don't let shit bother you." My words came up as a mumble but I knew he heard me by the deep sigh he let out before I heard what sounded like him dragging his chair across the floor.

Once he was sitting closer to the side of the hospital bed I still decided to keep my head bent.

"Look Tone everybody deal with they shit different. Me I'm cool with dealing with mine on my own. Dats what I've always done but if you need to talk yo shit out then man I'm here. I know we niggas and we ain't suppose to be with dis sentimental shit but if dats what it's gonna take for you to get right then let's talk."

Taking a bottom lip in between my teeth I took a deep breath as tears started forming in my eyes. I hated crying especially in front of other niggas it showed weakness. But if I'm being real with myself how could I look any weaker than I already do. Being laid up in the hospital ,with his ass hanging out of the back of this gown, cause of a drug overdose and more shit that hasn't been identified yet.

I opened my mouth to respond but this weird feeling washed over me stopping me in my tracks. The room was starting to spin and like earlier with Ry I could hear Chris yelling asking me what was wrong but everything was in slow motion. I couldn't feel my fingers and a headache formed behind my eyes.

Then it happened.

My body jerked causing me to tumble over. I couldn't control any part of me as what I assume was a seizure started to happen. My throat started to close up around my tongue causing me to choke. I could hear a lot of rumbling and muffled talking around me before a light hand rested against my back turning me over on my side. It had to be one of the nurse since I know Chris most likely called for help. The side of my face was pressed up against the hard mattress as another hand ran through my hair trying to keep me calm until this shit passed.

Once my body relaxed and the seizure was over I instantly felt tired. Eyes kid too heavy to lift up so I could try and focus on what's going on around me. But I did notice the pair of hands never stopped rubbing my back and hair. The touch was oddly relaxing as I felt sleep starting to take over but not before hearing the voice I longed for.

"Relax baby it's okay. I'm here and I'm right here."

———————————————————————

I thought abt it I really did love 😂😂😂

I thought abt making Ry leave him but then I was like nahhhhhh I cant do my girl like dat 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

Soooooo SHE CAME BACK ‼️‼️‼️‼️

How y'all feeling abt Chris and the way he confronted Tony 🧐🧐🧐

Tony having an seizure, what do you think is causing them ⁉️⁉️⁉️🧐🧐🧐🧐

Will Anthony get himself together or keep on the same path enough after this health scare.