Chapter 20: Butterflies

Ever since you crossed my path
Everything is different
You always know just how to make me laugh
You got me all up in my feelings
And as much as I love the feeling
I hate it, it gets me frustrated
Wanna say just how I feel
But I don't know how you would take it
Why do you do what you do to me?
Got me doing things that I don't do usually
I promised myself I wouldn't fall
But every time I see you, I just wanna risk it all
And baby, yeah, I know it ain't right
But the chemistry we have is so hard to fight

Omniscient POV

It was well pass three in the morning and Anthony has yet make it back to be. He slipped out of the soft sheets him and Ryan shared around one thinking her had finally fallen asleep after their long night of love making but she didn't. She watched him dress in nothing but a pair of boxers and disappear out of their bed room. Knowing he was still in the house put her at ease but not knowing what he was doing or how he was feeling is what made her nerves bad. Nana had been laid to rest no more than two weeks ago and the two barely speak but still find themselves in each others embrace at night being as naked as the day they were born. Chris has been keeping his distance as well though he comes over everyday and with him and Tony working together they see one another all the time but the emotional connection had disappeared between the three. Lost in their own thoughts and grief each one blatantly disregarded the requested asked of them from the one they mourned for. To stay together , hold on to one another , be a family not only physically but in every way.

With the couple moving back into the home that saved their lives it made things extra hard because it was just a constant reminder that she was never coming back. Unable to find it in there hearts to sell the three came to a decision just to keep it in the family. Ryan at first was skeptical about her father and ex knowing where she would be laying her had but after Anthony assured her that nothing will happen and that he'll protect her she agreed. She always felt their connection ever since she first met him standing next to her nana that morning after Sunday service. Always feeling oddly safe while he was around like nothing or nobody could touch her and she loved every moment of it as well as him. Allowing her eyes to glance over at the digital clock on the nearby nightstand seeing that it now read pass the four hour she lifted her lazy body up from the mattress. The chilled air coming through from the open window hit her bare skin caused her to shiver. When her eyes landed on Anthony's white t-shirt that had been thrown to the floor as soon as they made it inside earlier she quickly grabbed it throwing it over her head. It stopped mid thigh covering all her bareness besides her little legs. The hall was dark and quiet giving her the creeps as she quietly moved her feet across the cold hardwood floor. Once she made it downstairs and into the living room she noticed there still there was no sight of her man. Ready to go back upstairs and check any of the other bedroom until the smell of burning herb hit her nose. Making her way into the kitchen Ryan noticed to the patio door was slight left open and as her sights set on the darkness outside she saw him. His back was facing her as his head hung low , his shoulder hunched while the slowing rises and falls with every breath. She knew that he was aware that she was now watching him because of the light turning on in the kitchen shining out into the backyard but he still didn't turn around.

Apart of her wanted to leave him alone and allow him to come to her whenever he was ready to talk but she also knew that if it was left up to him they'll never talk. So the rolls had been reversed and she was the one who was now fighting for his attention and she was okay with that because even when she didn't want him there he always and she'll forever love him for that. So now it was her turn. Sliding the glass door open wider to the left Ry stepped out completely before closer it back all the way this time. She could she the tension in his body as her hand made contact with his curls that was now dyed blonde at the tips.