Chapter 11: Focused

Rain pouring down my window
The sun ain't shining today.
If only I knew what I was in for
I'm in too deep for me to float away
Baby come closer , closer
Only you can fill this empty heart
Come too far to say that it's over , over
But you got your shit and I got my shit
Both trying to get our shit together why can't we do it together ?
Girl I'm focused , I'm so focused
Girl I want this thing forever

Omniscient POV

As the rain constantly ran down the only window in bedroom the events from earlier just continued to play over and over in her mind on a endless loop

As the rain constantly ran down the only window in bedroom the events from earlier just continued to play over and over in her mind on a endless loop. The bed is the only place she's been , knees pushed firmly into her chest as her chin rest on top. The only light that filled the area was from daylight and sun turning to peek through the clouds. She was a only in a physical and mental sense. There's no where she her to go that neither wouldn't find her. Chicago might be a big city but it was too small for her.

Bruises worse than the ones she was already covering up from against Ryan's skin which made it hard for her to move even if she wanted to as well as the breath. It felt like every time she allowed oxygen into her lungs her chest would burn as if it was ready to cave in on her. Her purple and swollen face was being shown off. Every flaw on full display since she refused to cover the damage Jahmal has done anymore which was his reasoning for his actions earlier. He wanted to go out told her to get dress and fix her face but she didn't feel like leaving the house. She hasn't in a while , only leaving home to go to work and church other than that her comfort zone was in these four walls. He told her once more to get ready and when she refused a hand came across her face but this time it was closed fist. She been dealing with his abuse for some time but never has she been punched repeated. Even when she was curled up into a ball in the corner of their bedroom he didn't stop throwing punches and kicking her any and everywhere he could. After he called himself being satisfied with his work he left leaving her there bleeding and unable to move.

She doesn't know how long she's been in the position let along how long shes been in this empty apartment. Depression has sat in and self love has been officially lost. Ry knew what she was receiving from her fiance and father wasn't love and she action started to come to terms with it. She loved them both but some times love isn't enough. It's not enough for her to deal with this one a daily bases. They'll kill her if she stay but the results were the same if she stayed. So why not risk it all and finally grow a backbone. Not wanting wanting her own personal and mental drug to consume her as the physical ones did her mother.

"That's it." Was the on thing she mumbled to herself but hopping off the bed.

Ignoring the pain the washed over her whole body she grabbed a duffel bag that she had hidden in the back of the closet filled with some of her things. She knew one day she'll find the courage to leave and when she did she didn't want to send must of her time trying to pack which might end up getting her caught. Throwing a hoodie over her head along with a hat Ryan tossed her bag over her shoulders before grabbed her phone. She knew she couldn't take her because Jahmal could use Find My Iphone to take her down but she had to get some important number out before leaving it behind. She couldn't call a Uber or Lift either since they shared the same account and a Cab was out the question because she had no physical cash. So she decided to make one last call before disappearing. Prayer they answered since it's been a while since they talked. All she needed was a ride and she'll figure the rest out later.