Chapter 13: Kissin' On My Tattoos

Now I ain't ever been the jealous type of guy, but I want you to myself, I can't lie
I know we ain't on no one-on-one thing, but baby, it should change
'Cause when I be out with other chicks I be thinking 'bout you.

Omniscient POV

It's been a couple days since having Ryan back in his presences again. They haven't talked much about the kiss they shared and haven't done anything like that since. A part of Anthony felt like he took advantage of her emotional state and was started to feel guilty. He never wanted to make her feel uncomfortable or like he was trying to make a pass at her because that definitely wasn't the case. He wanted her to feel safe and protected around him not scared like she couldn't voice her opinion but lately that's what he's been getting.

Tony has never seen her like this , every since they came into each other lives she always gave off this strong vibe. It may have came off rude but never weak. It was almost like she kept distance between them cause she was ashamed of what he knew , what he has saw. But she should've known by now that he wasn't the type to judge he had no room for judgement everybody has their rough times. Where they feel like this is it and no longer want to go on , he most certainly have but with the help of Mary , her nana , he made it through now he feels like its his job to do the same for her granddaughter and in the same breath he was doing what he couldn't do for his own mama.

He was saving her.

Fresh out of class and tired as hell ready to just chill with his baby girl Tony used the extra key card he kept to open the room door. For the first time since she been here the curtains where pulled back allowing the light form the sun to enter the room. But what his eyes landed on or should he say who is what caught him off guard. Anthony haven't talked to Nicki since he sent her home in a Uber a couple nights ago so what is she doing here. When the sound of the door and it's frame slamming together pulled the two women out of their deep conversation and towards him she shot up from her seat rushing him. Arms wrapped around his neck as she pulled him into a tight hug. Shocked and down right confused the only thing he could do was stand there staring over her shoulder at Ry who hasn't moved from her seated position yet. She gave him a light smile before excusing herself into the kitchen a few feet away.

"Oh my God baby why didn't you tell me Ry was the girl you were helping. I feel so bad about how I was talking to you that night. She told me everything and I just want to say you're such a good man for being there for her." Nicki continued on for rant about how grateful she was for him coming to her friends recuse but he couldn't get pass the fact that she was actually here and because Ryan invited her.

He didn't know what her reasons for this was but it completely through him off especially after what happen in the bathroom in the tub only a few feet away. A part of him felt like he had a chance with her no matter how slim. That she actually felt something between them but here she was trying to clean up the mess between him and her friend. Saying his feelings weren't hurt would be a lie he cared for Ry just not in the same way others did. He wanted to take her pain away while being bale to kiss and hold her whenever he wanted while she accepted him and all the love he was willing it give having her return the favor. But instead he was standing here in the arms of a woman that wasn't his and for damn sure didn't want to be his.

When Nick finally pulled away from his embrace Tony showcased this smile that didn't reach his eyes but she was oblivious to it. His ears were still deaf to the rambling as he excused himself making his way into the kitchen were he found the woman he really wanted to see. Her back was turned to him as it looked like she was making a sandwich or something.

Steps quiet Anthony creep up behind her but stepped to the side staring at her side profile taking in all her flaws. The bruising was still noticeable and showed no signs of going away anytime soon but she was still beautiful in his eyes. Knowing that she aware of him and his presences standing there beside her she just chose to ignore it.