Chapter 2

Mihno'S POV

I ran up a trail over the hills, enjoying the light breeze hitting my skin. I looked behind me to check how far away I had run from camp and realized that over the hills it was no longer in sight. But as I looked ahead of me, I saw smoke... strange. I looked back one more time before jogging towards where the fire was. It took me a while to get there considering I had to jog over several hills, but I finally reached the last hill, and I saw them. Three figures sitting by a small fire, two guys and one girl from what I could tell. I ran down to them, but I was out of breath once I got to them. I put my hands on my knees as a bent over and panted. When I caught my breath and looked up, the girl was pointing a gun at me. "State your name," she said demandingly as the guys rushed to her side. I held my hands up in surrender as fire burned in her (e/c) eyes. "I'm Mihno," I answered plainly, standing up straight to give myself a stronger and independent appearance. "Where the hell did you come from? Are you with WCKD?" she looked nervous behind her tough exterior as she asked me this. The two guys besides her suddenly pulled out pistols and pointed them at me too. "No, I escaped WCKD. I was in the Maze for over three years. My friends and I helped destroy WCKD's last city. My friend Thomas killed Ava Paige and Dr. Janson... we want nothing to do with WCKD," I explained. She dropped her gun to her side and I felt weight being lifted off my chest. I was surprisingly more threatened by her than her two henchmen. "So you're one of the people who have been making a safe haven on my island?" she asked. "Your island?" I questioned with a hint of sass laced in my tone. "Yes, my island," she said in a rougher tone than before, "you chimpanzees are just camping here." I scoffed and stared at her for a couple seconds. "Who the hell are you?" I asked and she rolled her eyes as she walked back to her campfire. "She's the reason we're alive," one of the guys said. "And who exactly are you guys?" I asked, becoming impatient. "I'm Seph, and this is Harvey," a guy with shaggy blond hair answered. "You'll have to excuse her attitude, she's been through... a lot.." Harvey said. What the hell does that mean? "Can you explain to me why exactly she's the reason you're alive?" I asked, sitting on the ground to make myself comfortable before they explain. They exchanged glances and, as if they had rehearsed this exact moment, pulled up their sleeves up at the exact same time. They each had scars in the shape of bite marks. Along with multiple scars around their eyes and noses that I just now seemed to notice. Cranks. "She's the...." I trailed off in disbelief, "I thought she was a legend. A leader at our camp told us a story about her last night... my best friend asked a guy and girl, Jorge and Brenda, but they said they had met her and that she was real but that she disappeared and she was probably dead... I have to go tell Thomas," I said, getting up quickly. "Don't tell a single soul where I am," I heard her voice from the campfire, she wasn't even looking at us. "Please.. just come with me and I'll let Thomas explain why we need you," I pleaded. "Thomas?" His voice came out of her mouth as if she had said it a thousand times before. "Do you know him?" I asked and she nodded slowly, the smallest bit of a smile crossing her face, then quickly fading away. "We used to be best friends until he joined WCKD, I hated him for betraying us like that. But I knew WCKD's intentions, so I ran away.... look, I don't want to talk about it just.... take me to him."

A/N
Sorry if this book sucks it's my first time writing a fanfic in years so it's not going to be stupidly cheesy. This book is based off THE MOVIES, since I haven't finished reading the books (I get distracted). But anyways I hope you like this I guess