Chapter 19

Your POV

I woke up to the greenie alarm, it was hella loud, but that also meant I slept in too late. Why didn't anyone wake me? I walked outside to see the guys rushing over to the box.
I saw Mihno was closest so I walked to him first. "Why didn't anyone wake me up?" I asked and he looked at me as if it was obvious. "You're the leader's girlfriend," was all he said. So Newt told them not to wake me. I looked over at Newt who was watching me with a cheeky smile. He's adorable. Finally the doors slid open, revealing someone I didn't know or recognize. Weird... wasn't one of our friends. He was staring down so we couldn't see his face. He knew exactly where he was. The boy slowly looked up, his brown eyes filled with anger and fear. "Why am I here?" he asked, anger clearly laced in his voice. I shook my head and looked down in defeat. "Says it all right there," I said, pointing to the sign then walking off. I needed to clear my head. I heard footsteps running behind me, and from the uneven sound of his feet, I could tell it was Newt and his limp. He didn't say anything, he just pulled me into his arms and held me. It was peacefully quiet. His embrace was warm and comforting, but it didn't last long. The walls suddenly made a loud screech as the rusty gears started turning for it to close, yet again reminding us that we're trapped here.

The next morning
I was determined. I was going out into the maze even if I have to go by myself. After what felt like hours of convincing, Newt let me go if I could convince Mihno to come too.
After begging and whining, Mihno agreed. He and I jogged through the maze slowly, not wanting to run into any danger. Suddenly, the screech was heard again. "We should head back-" Suddenly, the creature emerged from around the corner. A half eagle, half lion beast. "Shit!" Mihno panicked and began running. I was frozen in place. The creature looked.. hurt. I was trying to think of what the creature was but I couldn't remember. I knew I had heard legends of them before but I had never thought they were real.
We arrived back to the glade out of breath. I was still zoned out thinking of the creature, but Mihno was rambling about what we saw to everyone. "You guys aren't going back into the maze until we find more about that creature you saw. It's too dangerous," Newt's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "What? No," I protested. "Please, (y/n), it's for your own good," he said and I shook my head. "How do you know what's good for me?" I asked, not getting an answer back before I stomped out. I sat in my hammock, thinking of the creature. I still couldn't remember what it was, or it's intentions. I heard a knock on my door and didn't bother getting up. There's no lock, they can get in easily. Newt emerged from the doorway and sat beside me. He held my hand and kissed my knuckles, obviously trying to soothe me. "I'm sorry," he whispered. I turned my head to him and my eyes met his. "It's ok. I love you," I whispered back. "I love you too."

A/N
Sorry it's so short. I've had writers block :/// I'll try to write more frequently though!