Chapter 36

-Your POV-
Maybe I should talk to him. I know he's been a bit shaken since Teresa's death. "Hey," it came out quieter than I intended, but it was still loud enough to where he snapped his head over to look at me. He looked shocked, as if he's never heard me say a word, but it was no doubt that the reason he was shocked was because I never say a word to him. "Hey," he stuttered, shaking away his shock and confusion. "We haven't been able to talk much, but I'm sorry I've been sort of harsh to you," I said. "You've been put through a lot, I know you've been on edge. I don't blame you for taking it out on me," he said. "You don't?" I asked, and he shook his head in response. Should I tell him that we were best friends before? Should I tell him that I miss our friendship? ...I should. "Look, Thomas-" I tried to say, but he cut me off. "I know," he said, not looking at me. "What?" I questioned, confused. "I remember you. I got them back, the memories. I just pretended not to know because I thought it would be easier for the both of us," he said. I was shocked, but also happy at the same time. "Thomas, I-" he cut me off, yet again. "I miss you too," he said, giving me a sad smile. I wanted to cry. I couldn't tell if it was from happiness or sadness, but I felt the tears. He noticed, obviously and gave me a hug. Sometimes platonic love is better than romantic.

-Newt's POV-
Everyone sort of stopped when we noticed that we were leaving two people behind. I didn't realize who until we turned around to look at them. (Y/N) was wrapped in Thomas's arms. They were embraced in a warm hug that made my stomach twist. I hated this feeling. Jealousy hurts yet I get jealous so easily. "Guys, quit holding everyone up!" Gally shouted to them. They peeled away from each other and jogged to catch back up with us, a smile on both of their faces. Usually seeing my best friend and the girl I love happy makes me feel great, but right now it doesn't.

-Your POV-
"So, you and Thomas...?" Brenda asked, obviously confused considering she knows how I feel towards Newt. "He remembers me. I thought WCKD had completely erased the memories, but he remembers. We used to be best friends. I just missed him is all," I said, a light smile appearing on my face. "Okay well, that didn't seem like a 'just a friend' hug to me," she said with a smirk walking ahead to catch up to Jorge. It was just a friend hug to me, but was it to him? I glanced back at Thomas, who was walking with his hands in his pockets and a smile on his face. Then I glanced back at Newt, who seemed to be upset over something. It was probably about our fight.

Dinner was peaceful so far. We had tables that were pushed together to seat us all. It was like a big family reunion, or more of a friend reunion, but something was off. No one was talking. Why? Over the deafening silence, Mihno cleared his throat. "So.. how's it hangin'?" he asked awkwardly, earning a scoff from Newt. What is up with him? "What's your issue?" Frypan asked Newt. Gally mumbled something under his breath. "What was that?" Newt asked with a rude tone. "I said, 'love triangle'. You can stop being a dipshit now so we can enjoy our dinner?" Gally replied to him. Newt stood up from his chair and stormed out. "That didn't help anything, Gally," Frypan said, getting up to chase after Newt. "What is wrong with you guys? You could've just stayed where you were and none of this would've happened," Brenda groaned. "I'm sorry. Brenda is right.... we should get going," Thomas said. He got up from his seat at the table and left. "Well, I'm not leaving until I finish dinner," Gally said, shoveling his food into his mouth quickly and then leaving with the rest of the guys. Jorge sighed and put his head in his hands. What the hell just happened?