Chapter 14

Your POV

It's been several days in the safe haven. People are still giving Newt a hard time and I'm tired of it. Most of his veins have actually faded and he's looking healthy again. He's laughing and working along with everyone else. I was taking a walk when I noticed Newt staring at something. It was the rock of everyone they had lost. As I got closer to him, I realized he was staring at his name. A single tear ran down his cheek and I broke my slow walk into a run to him. I hugged him tightly and rubbed his back. "Don't look at it, it's okay. You're not dead, you're alive," I whispered to him gently. He righted his arms around me and buried his face in my shoulder. "Thank you," I could hear him mumble softly between his quiet sobs. I didn't realize how this made him feel until now. He had lost hope until I saved him. I'd do it all over again if I could. Just for him. Just because of how much I love and care for him. He pulled away just enough to stare into my eyes. His brown eyes showed a mixture of emotions. Sadness, hope, thankfulness— they were all in his loving eyes. I closed my eyes as I felt his soft lips press against mine. It was a very gentle kiss, as if we were afraid we would break each other. We pulled away and continued to just hug each other and stayed that way.

Mihno's POV

"Dude it's been like 15 minutes and they're still standing there hugging," Aris said and I laughed. "I told her to tell him how she feels so maybe she finally did. I am a true master," I said, puffing my chest out. He rolled his eyes, laughing as he walked away. I don't get what's so funny. I am the master. The love master.

Your POV
We finally pulled apart and walked but to his little hut. He laid on his hammock and I sat by him. "Come here, love," he said and opened his arms, which I gladly accepted and laid into his embrace. He pressed his warm lips to my forehead and held me tightly. I didn't want to let go and neither did he. It actually felt comforting in his arms. I guess Mihno was right. We laid silently until someone came running in. "Shithead, have you seen- oh, there you are," Harvey said and glared. "Why the hell are you holding her? Get the hell off her," he said and pulled me out of Newt's arms. "Harvey, stop being annoying as hell" I said as I pushed past him and walked out. I went to the kitchens where frypan helped out and asked him for a cup of water. He gladly gave me one, and I thanked him briefly before walking away.
I was taking a walk down the beach when suddenly Thomas joined me. "I feel like we've barely talked," he said and I chuckled. "Yeah?" I pushed on and he shrugged. "I mean you've don't so much for me, I feel like we'd talk more," he said and I stopped. "I did that stuff for Newt. He didn't choose WCKD's side," I said. "I didn't choose their side, I turned against them!" he tried to argue but I shook my head. "It doesn't matter anymore, Thomas. It's over now. WCKD is gone.. mostly," I said and a look of confusion crossed his face. "What do you mean 'mostly'?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. "You really think WCKD is gone with their little princess here with us?" I asked, gesturing to Teresa who was oblivious to us talking about her. "I don't think she's much harm," he tried to argue but all I could do was laugh at him. "She still wants to run tests on both of us. She's a wicked scientist. She wants to know what makes us different and I'd sleep with one eye open as long as she's here if I were you," I said with a straight face before walking away. I don't feel safe here knowing that someone from WCKD lives here. I meant everything I said to Thomas. He needs to keep an eye out.
I kept walking by myself, zoned out in my thoughts before I walked into something, no, someone. I looked up and met Newt's kind brown eyes. "I was looking for you," he said as he gently wrapped his arms around me, holding me to his chest. "Oh really?" I asked as I snaked my arms around him too. "Really," he confirmed in a whisper as he leaned down to connect our lips. I smiled against his lips gently. This was where I felt safe. He was my safe haven.