Chapter 11

Newt's POV

"What the hell is she doing?" Thomas asked as he stood beside me. "Playing pirates," I said then looked at him worriedly. This doesn't look so good. (Y/N) was swimming the ship then grabbed onto it. "Well, she might need some help," Brenda slapped me on the shoulder then started running, Harvey and Seph following her.

(Y/N)'s POV

I climbed onto the ship and pointed my guns at them. "Trying to pirate my ship, eh?" I asked. Two of the cranks pulled out guns. "There's two of us and only one of you," one growled. "Actually there's four of us," I heard Brenda say as she crawled onto the ship, followed by Harvey and Seph. "Actually, theres five," Jorge said as he climbed up. Then they started shooting. We shot them both down then shot the rest of the cranks. "Is everyone okay?" I asked and almost everyone mumbled a "Yeah". Everyone but Seph. "Seph, are you alright man?" I asked and he looked down at his stomach where blood was seeping through his shirt. "Seph!" I screamed as he fell. I grabbed him and held him close to me but he was gone. "Seph, you're a fighter come on!" I yelled as tears ran like waterfalls down my face. "Let me go. I'm ready. Thank you," I heard him say in a raspy whisper. I gently stroked his face while crying. He had been with me through everything and now I led him to his death. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked back to see Harvey crying as well. I let go of Seph's body and wrapped my arms around Harvey. He held me tight as we cried into each other's shoulders.

Newt's POV

The rest of us loaded onto the ship and I saw Harvey holding (Y/N). Not gonna lie, I was jealous; but then I saw Seph's lifeless body and immediately realized why he was cradling her in his arms. She needed comfort from someone who knew Seph well.
Jorge had said that we didn't need a dead body rotting on the ship. So they dumped Seph's body into the ocean, and (Y/N) watched. She was sitting by the edge of the ship and I walked to her. "Love, I'm bloody sorry that you had to go through that," I tried to comfort her but she just shrugged. "He was my best friend. He was like a brother to me.. and now he's gone. It's not fair," she said as tears continued falling down her cheeks. I pull her into my arms and just held her silently.
After constant sobs and tears, she fell asleep in my arms. I carried her down to the bunks and laid her down gently. She continued to sleep silently so I kissed her head and walked back up to Thomas. "She's done so much for me. I don't want her hurting like this," I said. "You're talking to me?" he questioned. He seemed surprised. "You're my bloody best friend, Tommy. Even if you had have killed me I wouldn't be angry with you. It's what I wanted," I answered. He sighed what seemed to be a sigh of relief. "I pulled her out you know. Teresa. I saw her crash in the rubble of that building and pulled her out of that shuck fire before it was too late. I wasn't sure if she'd made it... but I was just satisfied that I didn't let her body burn to dust," I said and lifted my jacket sleeve, revealing burns from the fire. He hugged me tight and slapped my on the back in a friendly way. "Thank you, Newt," he said as he pulled away and kept one hand on my shoulder. I nodded in response and he walked away. I looked around at everyone on the ship. It was nice to be back with my friends.. but I hate that (Y/N) had to lose one of hers for that to happen.