Chapter 23

Your POV
I sighed in relief. "That happens. It happened to both Harvey and Seph a little while after I cured them. I guess it's their bodies' way of cleansing itself of all things crank," I chuckled lightly, thinking of all the memories I had with Seph and Harvey. I missed Seph. He was like a brother to me. Only thing that could break our bond was the bullet that broke our hearts to lose him. I sighed and laid beside Newt. I wasn't going to lose this one.

Later that day
"Love... love," I heard a gentle voice say as I was shaken awake. I looked up and saw Newt holding me. "Hi, princess," he said as I cuddled up to him. "Hey," I mumbled softly as I traced patterns on his arm. "Am I gonna be okay?" he asked quietly, looking down. "You're going to feel so much better, don't worry," I said and rubbed his wrist. He grinned down at me and leaned in slowly. I didn't hesitate to kiss him gently. He pulled away and chuckled. "How can you kiss me knowing I've been an asshole, and knowing I just threw up today?" he asked and this time I laughed. "Because I love you," I said softly as I placed a hand on his cheek. "I love you more," he mumbled cutely through his grin. I kissed his cheek and laid back down on his chest. "My baby," he cooed and held me close.

The next morning
I was another normal morning where Mihno and I ran out into the maze. "Where was the exit last time? We should check it out," I suggested and he nodded, speeding up and leading the way.
When we arrived, he slowed to a stop. I slowed down too. "Was this there before?" I asked, looking at the 'GO BACK' painted on the wall in red. He shook his head slowly, we were both extremely confused. Suddenly, a scream erupted from behind us. We both whipped around to see a group of cranks. "Shit!" Mihno cursed and swung his machete out of his belt. I pulled out mine too and stood in a fighting stance. "Come get us!" I yelled, making the cranks charge towards us. "Get swing and run," I said to Mihno before doing that myself. Mihno had gotten completely through, but before I could, a crank grabbed my arm and bit into me. I screamed in pain and struck the creature before kicking it away, running to Mihno. There were still some cranks left that were chasing us. We ran as fast as we could to get back to the glade. I clenched my arm in my hand to keep it from bleeding. When we reached the Glade, Mihno breathlessly turned to me. "Let me check it out," he said.

Third Person POV
When (Y/N) lifted her hand off the fresh wound, Mihno watched as it healed itself. "What the..." he mumbled under his breath. "What? What happened?" the girl questioned. She was suddenly worried for the worst. "It just... vanished," he said in disbelief as he traced his finger over where the wound once was. "Are you serious?" she asked, turning her head in an attempt to look at it herself. "That's really creepy man," Mihno said and took a step back. "Well I'm not an alien, I don't know what you're scared of," (Y/N) said sassily, rolling her eyes. He still stood there, wondering if this was a dream or that really happened. "This is too weird for me, I'm out," he said and left. "Asshole," she mumbled under her breath as she made her way to where Newt was.

Newt's heart and eyes lit up when he noticed her approaching. He felt so much happiness with this girl around.

Your POV
"What happened today? Anything worth mentioning?" Newt asked me as he pulled me close to him. "Well, we found cranks, I got bit by one, and my wound just vanished like it healed itself," I said, making him give me an utterly confused look. "What do you mean it healed itself how is that possible?" he asked, very obviously confused. "I don't know.." I trailed off and shrugged. "Well as long as your okay, that's all that matters," he said and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I checked my watch. The doors should close any minute now.

Then I heard a screech.