Chapter 7

Tears started falling down my cheeks. Her clothes were covered in dried blood and she was dirty all over. I went to hug her but she stopped me. "Please... don't. It hurts," Teresa said, wrapping her arms gently around herself. "Hey, Teresa," (Y/N) said, "You won't remember me but I'm (Y/N), we used to know each other. What happened to you?" Teresa's gorgeous blue eyes welled with tears. "When the city was falling apart, I got Thomas to the berg since he was shot. I got distracted by a falling building and before I knew it, I was falling and the last thing I saw was Thomas. I thought I was dead, but I woke up the next morning, cranks chased me here, and then they stopped. I'm starving and thirsty. They were all... frozen, it seemed like. I'm starving, I haven't had anything to eat in days, and I took my last sip of water then prepared to meet my death," Teresa explained. (Y/N) dripped her backpack to the floor and got out an apple and a bottle of water. She gave it to Teresa, and Teresa devoured it quickly. She really was starving. "Teresa, have you seen Newt? Or any crank that resembled Newt?" (Y/N) asked her. Teresa looked down and nodded slowly. "He wasn't completely a crank when I saw him... he told me to run, that something bad was going to happen. He had a knife in his hand, so I did run. That's when I got here," Teresa answered. "So we've searched this building for nothing," (Y/N) groaned in frustration. "Not for nothing... I would have died if you never came here," Teresa said, attempting to stand up. I ran to her side and helped her up. "Well.. do you have any idea where he is? We're on this journey for Newt, he never betrayed us," Gally spoke in a harsh tone. "Back off her man," I warned. "No. We're not here for Teresa, we just accidentally picked her up on the way," Gally said. "Guys.." Frypan tried to cut in. "Not now, Fry. Seriously get over yourself, Gally," I argued, ignoring what Frypan wanted to say. "No, seriously, GUYS," Fry yelled for our attention. We turned our attention to him. He was staring out the window at something. We walked over to the window and saw the same thing he was looking at. It was a group of cranks eating by a fire, but they looked completely normal... mentally. "Maybe if they're sane we can see if they know where Newt is," Mihno suggested. "They look like they've had some form of serum..." (Y/N) mumbled. "A crank stole my bag, which had vials serum in it, so it's possible it was one of them," Teresa said. "Of course you'd carry vials of serum around," Mihno scoffed, mockingly. "Let's go," (Y/N) said then suddenly ran down the staircases, going until she reached outside and waited for us. "There you are! We thought you guys died in there," Brenda ran to (Y/N) and hugged her. "Sorry, we just.. found someone," (Y/N) said and turned to Teresa. "No way," Jorge mumbled. "I think she has some broken ribs," (Y/N) said to them. "Also we saw a group of cranks that seemed someone mentally stable, sitting by a fire," Gally said. "We?" Frypan questioned, considering Gally gave him no credit for finding the group. "Let's go talk to them then," Harvey said and walked over to (Y/N), flashing her a cheeky grin and putting his arm around her. He's gonna have a rude awakening once she's draped over Newt.
We made it over to the group of cranks and their laughing stopped once we saw them. "Uh... hi, we're looking for a friend.... blonde hair, brown eyes.." I started. They looked at me like I was the crazy one. "You must be a bunch of immunes," one growled and the others cackled along. "We are. And we're looking for a certain crank. We'd like to see if you know him," (Y/N) said harshly. "Blonde hair... brown eyes," the old crank repeated in his raspy voice, "Does he have a funny accent?" I felt my stomach drop from a mix of emotions. Happiness, fear, and sadness. "Yeah sounds like him. Could you tell us where he is?" (Y/N) asked him. "I could... but in return.. I want your blood."