Chapter 15

Your POV

Newt and I walked around together, enjoying the peaceful silence amongst us. I noticed Harvey sitting with Gally and glaring at Newt and I together. I knew that he was jealous, but I was never his. He could at least be happy for me. I tried to ignore his eyes burning through the back of my head as I kissed Newt's cheek. "Can you feel the tension all the way over here too?" Newt asked and I chuckled. "Yeah I think the entire island feels it," I answered as I laced our fingers together. As we continued walking, hand in hand, I noticed another pair of eyes on me. Teresa. "I'm starting to bloody wonder if I should've even dragged her out of that fire," Newt said in a low voice. I nodded slowly at his remark. "I don't trust her," I said and looked at him. "Maybe she's changed," he suggested but I shook my head. "No this is way too weird," I said with a shiver running down my spine. She's dangerous. I decided to push the thoughts to the back of my mind and enjoy being with Newt. "Come on I want to show you something," he said then started leading me into the woods.
"Where are we going?" I laughed as he led me further into the woods. "Right here," he said and stopped in front of a little hut. "Whats in there?" I asked and he opened the door. "Take a look," he said. I smiled as I walked in. Beautiful flowers and vines laced the walls. It was so majestic and gorgeous. It felt like I was in another universe. He walked me over to a small patch of (your favorite flower) and picked one, tucking it in my hair. "You're so cheesy," I said and giggled gently. "Only for you," he said and wrapped his arms tightly around me. "Vince gave me a job, y'know? He said I could work with the gardening, since it's my specialty," he said and I smiled up at him, gently brushing my fingers through his hair. "You did that in the maze," I stated and he nodded with a gentle smile lingering across his lips. "I'm very happy for you," I said and kissed his cheek gently. He looked so happy and I was glad to see him this way.

Later that day

I sat with Harriet and a couple other people that had escaped the maze with her. I noticed Teresa staring at me again. "I'm not the only one who thinks she's totally up to something, am I?" Harriet asked and I shook my head. "She's been watching me all too closely lately," I said and looked over at Harriet who had a look of suspicion on her face. I looked back at Teresa who was now talking to Thomas. He was completely oblivious to her strange behavior. But that's just the thing about Thomas, he's always trying to see the good in people and ignore the evil. I felt a hand on my shoulder and snapped my head, only to see Newt with his kind eyes. "Why so jumpy, love?" he asked and I shook my head. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it," I told him with a reassuring smile. "Ok, but if there's anything, just tell me," he said and kissed the top of my head. I don't want him to worry about this.

That Night

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of someone rummaging around in my room. "Who's there?" I demanded. A figure suddenly came into my sight. It was Teresa, a syringe in one hand and a communication device in the other. "I'm sorry, but I have to know," she said before injecting my arm with whatever liquid was in that syringe. I felt my body immediately begin weakening. "You... bitch," I managed to spit out. "I got them, come get me." I heard her say before my body completely went limp and I passed out into darkness.

A/N

Where's Teresa taking her? Who's "them"? I guess you'll have to find out in the next chapter ;)