Chapter 20

It was a couple days later when we were eating breakfast that it finally hit me. "A griffin," I stated without any other words. Everyone looked at me in confusion. "That's the creature we saw," I said to Mihno then ran towards the maze. Before I could go in, a hand grabbed my wrist. "What the hell are you thinking?!" Thomas asked. "It's not dangerous. It's kind protects treasure in Greek mythology. Maybe it protects the way out of here, maybe that's the treasure," I rambled then ran into the maze to look for it.
I ran down the corridors, trying to find the creature. By the time I reached it, it was too late. The griffin was dead, a griever standing over it. "You bitch, Teresa," I mumbled and pulled out my machete. I screamed roughly as the griever began making its way towards me.

Newt's POV
"So you just let her run in there?!" I yelled at Tommy. He shrugged and looked down at the ground. Bloody shank looks guilty as hell. Suddenly, our meeting was interrupted by a scream, it was hers, obviously. "Shit!" I cursed and limped out of the homestead. I stood in front of the doors, waiting. It had been a couple hours since she ran in there. Frypan has called for lunch but I didn't bother attending. "Come on, man. She's fine," Mihno said from beside me. "How do you know?" I snapped, "She could be bloody dead by now Mihno." He rolled his eyes at me. "Well your pissy attitude is bumming everyone out. If she doesn't return tonight, I'll look for her tomorrow," he said and walked away. (Y/N), come back to me.

Your POV
I continued walking the maze with the thing I got from the inside of the griever. It was really weird looking and was covered in griever blood. I had kind of lost my way out and I'm now looking for it. I shouldn't have run out here. Newt is probably worried as hell. I groaned and looked up at the sky. "Hey, Mihno, if you could come find me now that would be pretty damn nice!" I yelled, not expected them to be able to hear me.

Mihno's POV
"Hey, Mihno, if you could come find me now that would be pretty damn nice!" My head shot up at the words, as well as everyone else's. I could hear Newt laughing in relief. "I'm coming to get you! Stay there!" I yelled back, hoping she had heard it, then I ran into the maze.

Your POV
He heard me. He actually heard me. I jumped in excitement. Ok, stay where I am.
Moments later, Mihno ran into me. "There you are you shank you had everyone worried," he said. "Sorry," I said with a fake pout. He then looked what was in my hand. "How the hell did you get that?" he asked and snatched it out of my hands, "This is a griever key it's how we got out last time." I shrugged and looked away. "It killed the creature you and I saw together, so I killed and dissected it," I said simply and he shook his head in amusement. "Well here, you have it. I'm sure they'll be impressed by the dumb stuff you did to get it," he said and I laughed. He started walking back the way he came, me following behind.

When we arrived back in the glade, everyone stared at me with either angry or amused looks. I looked at Newt, his was angry. "So... hey guys," I said but no one answered. "Really?" I questioned, but still, everyone was silent. "Well here, asshats, have this. Do what you want with it," I said and threw the griever key on the ground. "Mihno, did you get that?" Thomas asked. I looked at Mihno and he shook his head. "She had it when I found her," he said and walked away. I rolled my eyes and walked away too. Of course they assume Mihno first. I'm so tired of being protected by these guys who have no reason to protect me. I got away from WCKD before they ever could and they think I'm the one who needs protecting? They're up for a rude awakening from reality.
Gally ran up next to me and walked with me. "They're over there discussing whether or not they think that Mihno lied about you getting that out of a griever," he said. I reached back and pulled out my machete. "I didn't doubt you for a second I swear I'm on your side!" I yelled, scared. "No, you idiot. I'm not trying to stab you. Look at my machete," I said. He reached out and swiped his fingers across it, griever slime sticking to them. "That's so gross, man," he said and slung it off his fingers. I laughed and so did he. He had become a great friend to me.

Time skip
I ate dinner with only Mihno and Gally. I told everyone who thought Mihno and I lied about me killing the griever, wasn't allowed to sit with me. I was really disappointed when Newt didn't sit at our table either. I had trusted him, so why doesn't he trust me on this? I caught him staring at me but he didn't look away. Instead I just rolled my eyes at him and payed my attention back to Mihno and Gally, who were throwing food at each other. "Boys!" I yelled at the two and they stopped. "Sorry," they mumbled and I started laughing. "What?" they kept asking. "I acted like your mom," I continued laughing. They laughed along with me and suddenly I didn't feel mad anymore. "Hey, (y/n), why don't you just show them the slime on your machete like you showed me?" Gally asked. Maybe that's a good idea.. I love nodded in response to Gally and got up. I walked over to Newt's table and set the machete down directly in front of him, giving him a sarcastic smile before walking away. I noticed everyone examining the machete, but I didn't pay anymore attention to them. I finished my food and went to bed. Before I could fall asleep, I heard a knock at the door. I figured it was Newt, but then he spoke. "(Y/N), open the door." That wasn't Newt's voice.