Chapter 29

"I'm so glad you all got back from that case undamaged", Lucy sighed and leaned her head against Spencer's shoulder. The team have had a case that had lasted four days and it had been a heavy one. Not only that, but the team had been in danger at some point and when Spencer had told Lucy about it, her eyes had widened and suddenly, fear had crept up her chest. Once again, she had to realize, that whenever her brother and her boyfriend went out for a case, she could never be sure to see them alive again.

Spencer wrapped his arm tighter around Lucy's shoulders and kissed her hair. "We're all good, don't worry." Spencer and Lucy had been out for a romantic date night after Spencer came back from the case. Now they were taking a stroll through the park before they would head home.

"Would you like to spend the night with me?", Spencer suddenly asked as they left the park. A bit surprised, Lucy looked up. She had thought Spencer would be tired and would just want to fall into bed and get a good amount of sleep. But she wouldn't say no to his offer. So, she nodded and snuggled more into his chest.

"Do you want something to drink?", Spencer asked while he was on his way from the living room to the kitchen.

"No, thank you", Lucy answered and then called for him before he even had the chance to get himself something to drink.

"What is it?", he asked, wondering. Lucy reached out a hand and he took it.

"I don't want anything to drink. I...just want you", she quietly said while her heart was racing in her chest. The desire had just come over her some minutes ago and now she didn't want to hold it back anymore. She loved Spencer, she truly did. And she wanted to feel him as close as possible. At first, he didn't quite understand what she meant.

"I'm...here", he said hesitantly, what made Lucy laugh.

"Yeah, you're here. And...I'm here too." She scooted closer to him and buried her face in his neck; placing gentle kisses on his warm skin. And that was the moment, Spencer finally realized. He grabbed Lucy's face and kissed her with more passion than ever. She crawled into his lap without once leaving his lips. She could feel Spencer's hands rubbing up and down her back until he gently lifted her top and his fingers touched her bare skin. Goosebumps formed immediately on her whole body, especially when Spencer started to kiss her neck.

Then, suddenly, he pulled her away and just looked at her. He gently pulled her hair back so he could look at her beautiful face. His eyes were sparkling and the smile on his lips told Lucy more than a thousand words. She got up from his lap and Spencer followed her, grabbing her hand and then dragging her into the bedroom.

Giggling, Lucy grabbed Spencer by the collar of his shirt and they let themselves fall on the bed. They slowly started to undress each other. There was no rush, no hurry. They had time. And they wanted to take their time. Spencer ended up kissing every inch of Lucy's warm skin, admiring every inch of it. She in return did the same to him. Never had she felt more loved than now. Never had anyone given her a feeling like Spencer did. Yes, she felt save in his arms. She felt loved when he looked at her, when kissed her, when he touched her. How could she ever show him how much she loved him, too?

"That was...amazing", Lucy breathed after their first time together. She scooted closer to Spencer and he pulled her in an embrace while she started to let her fingers draw invisible patterns on Spencer's naked chest. He chuckled.

"It was indeed." He pressed a kiss against her temple. Lucy felt satisfied and just happy over all.

"Thank you."

"For what?" Spencer looked at her narrowing.

"For loving me. For making me happy", she whispered into his ear and then kissed him before she placed her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Her fingers were still slightly moving over Spencer's chest until he grabbed her hand and entangled his fingers with hers. Lucy smiled but couldn't manage to open her eyes again. She felt tired right now and so comfortable, she would fall asleep within seconds. Never had she felt better.

The next morning, Lucy woke up before Spencer. Smiling, she turned to her right side to glance at him. Spencer looked peaceful in his sleep. A slight smile was on his lips and Lucy wondered what he was dreaming. Although his hair was a mess, Lucy gently let her fingers run through it before she stroked his cheek. Spencer began to move and Lucy pulled away her hand from his skin. Seconds later, Spencer's eyelids fluttered and he slowly woke up.

"Hmmm", he just let out as he turned to his left side and wrapped an arm around Lucy to pull her closer. Their legs entangled with each other and they kept laying like this for a moment. "Good morning", Spencer eventually murmured, a content smile on his lips.

"Good morning", Lucy replied and kissed him. "I didn't want to wake you up", she quietly said, but Spencer shook his head.

"You didn't wake me up, babe."

Oh dear. Lucy felt a shiver running down her spine when she heard him calling her babe. It didn't sound like it did when other men had called her like that in the past. It was said in a loving way, not as if she was someone's property. Because she wasn't. She was still herself, she was still an independent woman. And Spencer made her exactly feel like that, even if he called her babe.

Lucy peppered Spencer's face with little kisses until he started to giggle and grabbed her waist. She squealed when he turned her on her back and was laying on top of her. A wide grin had appeared on his full lips and Lucy gently let a finger run over them. Spencer kissed her fingertip before he rolled off Lucy again. "Are you hungry?", he then asked. She nodded and only realized now how hungry she really was. Her stomach started to make noises and Lucy and Spencer both laughed.

"Okay, let me grab some croissants, donuts and buns at the bakery around the corner!", Spencer exclaimed then and jumped out of bed faster than Lucy could see. She laughed at him.

"No need to hurry like that", she smirked but Spencer was already out of the room. When he was gone, Lucy remained lying in bed for another five minutes before she finally got up as well and decided to prepare the table for the breakfast. Thankfully, Spencer had butter, jam, peanut butter and cream cheese in his fridge and Lucy respired. She wouldn't have had time to go and get all this stuff until Spencer would return. She hurried to place everything nicely on the table and then also put Spencer's favorite cup filled with his favorite coffee right next to his plate. She had just done that when she heard the front door open and close again. He was back. And Lucy couldn't hold back another laugh when she saw that he must have bought literally the whole bakery.

"Who should eat all of this?", she chuckled and pointed at the bags in his arms. Spencer looked down and the face he now pulled made Lucy laugh even more. He was the cutest. And she knew, she would never get tired of spending the nights and having breakfast with him, that was for sure.