TEN

|10

|10.| ON THE ROAD AGAIN

THE DUO LEFT THE BAR WITH A DEAD RAY, AND KLAUS BEING A GENTLEMAN CARRIED THE BODY. Cora walks beside him as they walk into the smoky mountains on a hunt for his wolf pack. She doesn't worry much about her brothers following her anymore, but she surely does miss them. Unfortunately, she has to put a mask on and act as if she doesn't care. On the other hand, Damon feels the need to give up believing he lost his little sister, but Stefan won't fail her and stop looking for her, as well as Elena.

"You doing okay?" Klaus breaks the silence as they walk up a hill. "Need a quick drink or anything, love."

"I'm fine," Cora subtly states.

"You sure about that?" Klaus glances at her. "You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down."

"Klaus," Cora stops him. "Just because we're stuck together, doesn't mean you have to care or do anything a normal person does. Skip the chitchat, it will save you the energy."

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, love."

"Maybe it's cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer. Also, please, don't call me love," Cora shakes her head.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack," Klaus chuckles, setting the body down and sees the campgrounds. "There."

They both stop in their tracks to see tents, revealing that they made it to the pack's camp. Cora walks inside the camp, dragging Ray along with her and everyone turns their heads towards her. She sets him down and a woman comes running towards him.

"Ray! Oh my god. What's going on? Who are you?"

"The important question is who am I," Klaus joins Cora. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

"You're the hybrid," the woman says fearfully.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic."

Getting through with the dramatic introduction, the pack of wolves that are in human form now stand around, shaking in fear of the duo. Cora takes a seat and leans back a little, waiting for Ray to wake up anytime soon. Klaus takes a seat next to her and looks around at everyone who stare at him with fear.

"It's fascinating, actually," Klaus starts off. "A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid."

As expected, Ray shoots up from the ground with a bewildered looking face. Klaus slightly chuckles as he can tell that he's confused. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?"

"Cora?" Klaus nods his head for her. She huffs and stands up, looking amongst everyone.