TWENTY-TWO

|22

|22.| SAVE ME A DANCE

ALTHOUGH THE SALVATORE BROTHERS' OFFER WITH KLAUS WERE INTERRUPTED BY THE ORIGINAL FAMILY, they still worry about them now that they're out of their coffins. The Salvatore siblings go over to Elena's house as she has news of who she encountered with last night after leaving Alaric at the hospital. Cora hardly slept as she was unable to get the thought of Klaus threatening her brothers while placing Stefan's arm into the fireplace. The horror of it all shocked and scared her; shocked because it's nothing she hasn't seen before, and scared because it was all in the moment.

The siblings settle in side of the house and Cora takes a seat on a chair in the kitchen, drinking some of the coffee Elena made instead of drinking her alcohol.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin," Elena starts off.

"As in the Original witch?" Cora asks after taking a sip from the mug.

"What? How is she even alive?" Damon questions. "Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community," Elena states. "Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus," Stefan shakes his head.

"Well, not anymore...at least not according to Elijah," Elena says.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds."

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asks and Cora rolls her eyes at his pouty face.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us," Elena says and the door bell rings. "I believe him."

Elena goes to open the front door. Cora sighs and stands up from her spot, pouring herself some more coffee as she's in need of it. At the front door is an envelope on the doormat with an ornately-handwritten Elena Gilbert written on the front. The Salvatore siblings walk over to where she stands, curious to what she's looking at.

"What is it?" Damon asks.

"It's an invitation," Elena replies as she pulls out the piece of paper. ""Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration.""

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asks.

"The Original family," Cora says while looking over Elena's shoulder at the invitation.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon says.

"Wait, there's a note on the back," Elena says as she turns it over. ""Elena, I think it's time that we finally meet, Esther."If Esther wants to talk to me, maybe I should find out why."