THIRTY

|30

|30.| THE RAGER

AFTER THE LONG DAY, CORA MADE IT HER MISSION TO SPEND THE NEXT WITH HER FRIEND. Jason was out of his head and she let him stay with her in the boarding house until he was much better. While she took care of her friend, her brothers and the others attended to the memorial for Pastor Young as he passed away with the other members of the council. The Salvatore brothers as well are trying to help Elena with the basics of being a vampire since she completed the transition which didn't go so well either.

Outside was Stefan working on his motorcycle, wanting to get it ready to take Elena out for what he calls fun. He wants to help his girlfriend control her blood thirst without actually experiencing what it's like to have it. Damon opens the front and lets out a sigh.

"Good day for a midlife crisis. 164 years, I'd say you're due," Damon states as Stefan stands up, sitting on his bike.

"Elena's transition to a vampire has been a little depressing. I'm gonna help her have some fun," Stefan explains to his brother.

"Oh. Those who can't do, teach," Damon says sarcastically as he walks out onto the porch.

"Ah, I see we're still fighting. Got it," Stefan rolls his eyes. "Where you going?"

"That hunter jacked Tyler Lockwood of his werewolf venom last night, so basically, he's got vampire poison in a bottle. And I'm gonna find him, and I'm gonna eat him," Damon answers.

"I'll go with you," the little brother stands up.

"The only person right now that I would want help from is Cora," Damon states and sighs. "Besides, I don't want anyone's help. I just want to kill this guy and get the hell out of town. Wasn't that the deal? Whoever Elena doesn't choose leaves?"

"That was before Elena turned."

"And I stayed to help," Damon says. "If I take you punching me as the first clue, I'm not wanted here anymore by you. I would ask Cora to come with me, but she has her own relationship problems."

"Listen, you blood-shared with my girlfriend, and I punched you in the face. You deserved it. Why don't you stop being dramatic?" Stefan sighs.

"No, brother, dramatic would be leaving before I kill this hunter."

Stefan slightly tilts his head as he watches Damon walk off, doing what he said he is going to do. Footsteps can be heard from inside and he looks at the front door, seeing Cora walk out with Jason following close behind.

"And where are you going?" Stefan asks, putting his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Well if you're that concerned about it, we're going to check on Tyler. It was Jason's idea," Cora nods her head at him.