68- What's Wrong With Rosalie?

Joe's POV

I feel Rosalie's eyes on me. I smile and feel her look away.

Rosalie says,"I'm going to go for a walk. Excuse me."

I watch her as she puts her headphones on and walks away. I feel like something is wrong with her. I wonder what it is. I start to go after her but Dean and Colby stop me.

Colby says,"She needs her space man."

I tell them,"I feel like I said something wrong."

Jon comes over and asks,"What's up with my cousin-in-law? Why she look depressed?"

I ask,"I don't know. Did I say something wrong Jon?"

Ruby comes over and says,"What you stage said to her. When Summer walked in. I could tell that those tears weren't fake. The tears she shed were real."

I facepalm myself and say,"Of course. She thought I meant. I need to tell her I didn't mean it."

Ruby stops me and I ask,"What's with you people stopping me from going to my fiancee?"

Ruby says,"She needs time to think. She will not come and ask you. You need to ask her what's wrong. Reassure her that you didn't mean any of the words you said. She's doubting your love for her. Show her that she has no reason to doubt you."

I nod and sigh. I sit down and wait. After an hour, I feel my heartbeat quicken. I stand up and run to find Rosalie. I find her headphones on the ground and hear someone whimpering. I slowly move forward. I see a guy straddling Rosalie. She's frightened. I see him try to take her top off. I walk silently up behind him and pull him by his shirt collar. I slam him onto the ground and he curses at me. I punch him in the face and keep punching him until I feel those hands that are so soft grab my wrist. I look up at her and see she is truly scared. I get up and the guy turns on his side spitting out blood. I look her over and see she has a black eye forming around her left eye and is spitting blood. Her bottom lip is puffy.

I ask,"Is anything broken?"

She says,"No."

At least I think it was no. She realizes that I couldn't understand her and shakes her head no.

I ask,"Split?"

She points to her lip and I nod.

I ask,"Sprained?"

She shakes her head no. I gather her in my arms and hold her close. I yell for security and they come. They take him away and I take her back to the bus. I tend to Rosalie. I growl as she winces in pain when I place the ice pack over her eye.

I say,"Lucky that bastard had you there to stop me."

I gently pull her lip down and see that she doesn't need stitches. I see she still has all her teeth. I sigh in relief.

I say,"You don't need stitches and your eye may swell shut. I don't think we should go on tonight."

She grabs my wrist and is squeezing it. I take out her phone and hand it to her. She starts typing as I hold the ice to her eye. She stops typing and hands me her phone.

It says:

We will go on after we ask the doc if it will swell shut. If he gives me an eyepatch we are still going on. Unless otherwise ordered to. I'm sorry for scaring you. I couldn't do anything. I didn't know what to do. Everything I knew just left my mind. I was helpless. I hate that feeling. I'm sorry for everything.

I read the paragraph twice. She's sorry for everything? Even loving me? What does she mean?

I ask,"Other than what just happened, what's wrong? Why did you need to take a walk?"

She takes the phone and types. She hands it to me when she's done.

It says:

I had to take a walk because I needed to think. I couldn't get the words you said to me during the prank out of my head. That's what I mean by I'm sorry for everything. You were right. I did put you through hell. I don't deserve you. I also don't want you to be with me out of pity. I love you Joe.

I look at her and see tears in her good eye.

I ask,"You think I meant those words Rosalie? Do you know how hard it was for me to just say those words to you. I was breaking inside as I said them. Yes, Rosalie you did put me through hell. But I don't care. I love you Rosalie Lydia Salvatore-Neidhart. It's not out of pity. When I laid eyes on you, you were the only girl I saw. When I met your beautiful yellow eyes, I knew I had to have you. I love you Rosalie. I love you so much, I'm afraid of what will happen if you don't want me anymore."

She smiles and the tears fall. I bring her close to me and she wraps her arms around my neck. I feel her holding the ice to her eye. I feel tears of my own as what almost happened to her because of me came back. I squeeze her tighter and she starts tapping. I pull away and she smiles. I just bared my soul and told her how I feel and she accepts me. I'm the luckiest man in the world. I love this woman so much it scares me.

I go and make her some tea and text Stephanie. I get the tea and hear back from Stephanie saying that she is sending Triple H to us. I make the tea just how she likes it and help her hold it since her hands are still slightly shaking. The bus door opens and Triple H comes in. He comes over and looks at Rosalie. He pulls the ice pack away and see that her eye is swollen shut. I growl low and Triple H puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

Triple H says,"Rosalie will be ok. I give it two weeks. Maybe less. You are not competing tonight."

I see Rose deflate and I say,"Baby girl, you know you will get even more hurt and then you would be out longer. You're the Divas Champion. You have to be a hundred percent to defend the title. Plus I don't want you to be out with a bigger injury for who knows how long. I want you right by my side."

She nods and I smile. I look at Triple H and he nods.

I ask,"Am I to go on tonight?"

He says,"Yes. You're going against CM Punk."

I nod and I see that her lip has gone down in swelling. I smile and she smiles.

Triple H leaves and she says,"Joe, I love you so much it hurts. I love you so much that I'm afraid if you don't want me anymore that I will turn to be an assassin."

I pull her close and she hugs me tighter. I hold her close and she pulls away. I text Natalya to come to the bus several minutes before my match. She texts back saying she will. Until my match, I sat on the couch while Rosalie had her head in my lap. She was sprawled out across the rest of the couch and I was holding the ice pack to her eye. We just sat there talking about our likes and dislikes. We have a lot in common. Except for sushi. I love sushi but Rosalie doesn't eat any type of seafood. I pointed out that caesar dressing is made with anchovies and she shot it down saying it doesn't taste like fish. I smile as she reenacts the latest episode of Arrow while laying down. I'm thinking that she should do a cameo on the show next season and will ask Vince what he thinks. I will do that later. I look down at her and see her pretending to shoot a bow and arrow. I love her so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Here's another update. Hope y'all like it.