13.

Seriyah
(FIVE MONTHS LATER)

"Okay, thank you Sam" I said to my favourite maths lecturer

"Okay, thank you Sam" I said to my favourite maths lecturer. We had just finished a 3 hour revision session for exams and I was tired. I had been up all night the day before just on the phone to Tre talking about nothing which was normal for us.

It had been a few months since my birthday and everything was just how it was supposed to be. A few things changed but I was still the normal 'nerdy Seriyah'. And for everyone wondering... yes, I was still single but very exclusive.

Tre had asked me to be his girlfriend multiple times but I could never give him a straight answer and it pissed him off. I liked Tre... A LOT but I weren't ready and I didn't feel like he was either. He was saying all the right things but I don't know what happens when I'm not there. I was protecting myself before anything.

It sparked a lot of arguments between us but I didn't see why. It wasn't that deep, plus putting titles on things would make it worse. I'd prefer if he was 'cheating on me' now rather than waiting to be in a relationship then he'd start cheating then. I wasn't here for that.

And To be honest all men are trash so we're putting ourselves first this year. Positivity only bitchhhhhh. Plus, I liked everything how it was now. We acted like boyfriend and girlfriend but we weren't. We were friends before anything and I loved that.

I waved at my lecturer before walking out of class and heading to the canteen. As always, it was packed and very loud but I didn't wanna be here for too long. I wanted to head to the library to do some more revision while I waited on Tre to finish football, he was coming mine to chill.

As I entered the canteen I heard AP shout "ayooo Twin!" At me. That was his nickname for me and I don't know why. Me and Monae weren't even twins. But since my birthday me and him had been cool. He was the only one out of Tre's friends that I actually liked. He was like a brother to me and throughout the months I'd gotten to know him I loved and understood him better. He was full of good vibes, jokes and smoked like a chimney. I thought Tre smoked loads and he was a sometimesish smoker but AP changed the game. Walking chimney he was. I could tell he liked Monae but she'd never pay him any mind or would shut it down quickly.

I just thought it was mad. How could you not like him? They were basically the perfect match. They suited perfectly but she just hated him. I've asked why and she could never answer straight so I didn't push it.

"Why are you shouting?" I responded to him as I approached the table he was sitting at which consisted of Amina, Aaron, Tre, LJ and LJ's girlfriend. I didn't really know her like that but I waved and said hello to her as normal anyways. I walked around the table and hugged Amina before walking to Tre.

After my birthday, she came to speak to me and apologised. She explained that she'd had a big crush on him at the time and was jealous but she didn't want no bad blood. She respected that we were seeing eachother and took herself out of the situation. Her and Tre didn't talk which I was fine about. There was nothing to talk about anyways. Lol. But since that day we had decided to leave every problem we had before behind us and work on being friends. She seemed very genuine so I was with it. But since then, amina's cool. I think I like her now you know.