Chapter 5

Vicki's P.O.V

Today is Saturday, the day I've been anticipating all week. Maya had messaged me very early this morning saying that we would meet the guys at 12 and that I should dress extremely comfortable. We were having a mini barbecue at Keith's house, she also told me that Keith has a pool. Which is pretty awesome if you ask me. I am no swimmer but I love the water. I could stay in it all day.

I got up early and went for a jog for the first time in a while, I had to clear my head from all that's been going on between Leon and I lately. I am really thinking of giving this guy an honest chance so I really have to give up on my childish crush on Leon. He is never gonna see me the way I want him to.

When I got back from running I decided to clean my apartment from top to bottom. Anything to clear my head. I made breakfast and ate and then resumed cleaning. By the time I was finished cleaning it was now 11 so I had one hour to get to Keith's house.

I decided it was time for me to get ready so I went and showered and pulled an outfit from my closet. I settled for a floral tube dress with denim vest and my brown sandals and teal messenger bag. I also put my swim suit underneath just in case I want to take a swim. I removed the flexi rods from my hair and styled it and add some cream to shine it.

 I removed the flexi rods from my hair and styled it and add some cream to shine it

By 11:30 I was already dressed and waiting for Maya to come and pick me up. She sent me a text letting me know she has arrived and I  went out to greet her. We arrived at Keith's house at exactly 12. Maya's boyfriend was already there and waiting for us. As we walked up to him, Maya gave him a quick kiss on the lips before turning to face me. I took this time to study the hunk standing next to my best friend. He was extremely tall with dark brown hair and bright green eyes.

"Vicki, This is my boyfriend, Mark Rogers. Mark, this is my Best friend Vicki. " Maya introduced. Mark stretched his hand out for me to shake.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Vicki." He said.

"Like wise, I am Victoria Lockhart but my friends call me Vicki" I responded.

He looked at me narrowed eyes for a moment as if my name sounded familiar and resumed smiling then lead us inside to meet the rest of the gang. The house looked huge from the outside and even bigger on the inside.

There were three persons sitting on the couches waiting for our arrival. They all got up to greet us, but my eyes stay frozen on the tall gorgeous blue eyed man I call boss.

"L-L-Leon?" I muttered softly. He just stood still looking at me in shock.

"You guys know each other?" Mark asked confused. Maya then hit him softly in the abdomen to shut him up.

"Hi I'm Keith, you must be Vicki" Keith stood and broke the tension among us offering me his outstretched hand.

"You look even more beautiful in person."

"Thank you'" I blushed.

I can still feel Leon's gaze burning the side of my head and it made me a little nervous.