Chapter 7

The date with Keith was going extremely well so far. He took me to a nice restaurant, not as fancy as the one where Leon had taken me earlier today, but a nice little restaurant that I could feel comfortable at. He had asked me about myself and made me laugh a lot. He was just in the middle of telling me a story of one of his most embarrassing childhood moments when my phone rang.

I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Leon and ignored it. As Keith continued the story my phone rang again.

"Wanna get that? Keith asked. I shook my head no and turned off my phone. My intent was to have a pleasant evening with a nice guy and I will do so without any disturbances.

After dining we took a walk around a nearby park and sat on a bench and talked some more. Conversations with Keith seem to flow so easily. If i'm being totally honest I would say this is By far the best date I have ever been on, I was totally enjoying myself around him.

After sometime he decided to drop me home as it was Already late and we had work in the morning. It was about 11:30PM when he parked into my drive way but I didn't mind one bit. I was a little disappointed to end my date. Keith walked me to my door like the gentleman he was.

"I had a great time with you tonight Vicki." he said.

"I had a great time with you as well Keith" I responded looking at my toes.

Keith chuckled for a moment before I felt him draw closer to me his body over powering mine. He took my chin between his thumb and index finger and lifted my face to meet his. His warm lips gently touched mine. They were warm and soft and moist but oh so gentle. I closed my eyes and sunk into the kiss. His free arm wound around my waist and pulled my body closer to his. His tongue grazed my bottom lips asking for entrance to which I gave. His kiss was different, not like the heated kisses Leon and I shared whenever he decides to invade my personal space. Why am I even thinking of Leon right now?

I liked kissing Keith.

The kiss ended and Keith bid me good night one last time before telling me he would Call me or message me then sped off in his car.

I grinned from ear to ear as I lay in bed thinking about my night with Keith. He is such a great guy. I beginning to doubt all of this is real. That night I slept with a smile on my face.

*******

The following day at the office was hell.

I am now starting to believe That Leon is taking out all his anger on me as well as the rest of the employees, mostly me though.

I Had fetched his coffee like I Normally do every morning but I had to remake it three times because it was unacceptable for him. The first he complained was too hot, the second too cold and the third 'bearable' as he puts it.

Next he asked me to go back through some files from almost 10 years ago and to sort them. I was slowly becoming frustrated but I refused to let it show. He will not get under my skin. Not today. I was in a good mood after having one of the best dates of my life.

While I was still sorting the files, my phone rang. "Miss Lockhart I just sent you some emails I need you to fax them to the various clients and I also need an edited version of the draft I just sent you. This needs to be done immediately so get to work! Oh and by the way you are not leaving until you have already sort through all of the files I gave you. Also, I need you to accompany me to some business meetings out of town at the ending of the month, is your passport up to date?"

"Yes Mr Walters, Ill get to it right now and yes my passport is up to date." I answered through clenched teeth.

"Good" he responded and hung up. Just when I thought my day could not get any worst.