Chapter Thirty-Eight

Austin leaned in, planting a quick kiss on my lips.

I had told him not to walk me to my art lesson, but he had insisted and it was kind of hard to argue with him.

To be honest, the only reason why I didn't want him to walk me to my art class was because Tyler could've walked by us at any time and I didn't want to cause anymore trouble.

I did find something quite odd though. Austin was acting so much more closer to me than before. Not that that was a bad thing or anything but it was sort of odd and random. It didn't feel right. I don't know how to explain it, but he just seemed to act like nothing ever happened and that we've known each other for years when in reality I've known Tyler longer and Tyler certainly didn't act that way with me.

Actually, I take that back. He did start thinking it was okay to kiss me whenever he wanted, just like Austin now.

I guess that's why I didn't feel 'normal' around him these past few days.

I also didn't understand if Austin actually liked liked me? I mean, if he keeps flirting with me then does that mean he's interested in me as well?

“Should I wait for you out here when your lesson ends?” Austin asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I gave him a look which told him that, that wasn't a very smart idea. “I'll just meet you at the parking lot at the end of the day.”

“Are you sure?”

I nodded my head. “Yes.”

“Okay,” Austin's eyes sparkled just as he was about to lean in.

But this time I turned around to enter my art room. “Bye,” I called out to him.

I saw him wave and then he left. I know what I did wasn't very acceptable but like I said, it didn't feel right. This was happening too suddenly and out of nowhere.

Just as I took out my art book, Aiden walked in scowling at me.

I shrugged my shoulders in confusion. “What?”

“You know what,” he said, taking out his art book and going to the cupboard to get paint.

Thankfully Tyler and the rest of them weren't already in here otherwise they would've seen me with Austin and I really didn't need everyone talking about that too.

“I really don't know,” I told him when he came back to the table.

“Are you planning to sort out the mess with Tyler any time soon?” he asked me.

“Not this again. I really don't want to talk about this,” I said looking through my art book, making sure I had finished all my coursework since today was the deadline.

And I also didn't really want to talk about it because I really didn't know what I was planning to do. I do want to sort it out but I don't think this can be sorted out. I don't think I can trust Tyler, therefore I feel like there's no point in talking to him.

“Yes, this again because I don't really want to hear him talk about this situation every. Freaking. Day,” Aiden told me exaggerating on the last bit.

My heart skipped a beat at the thought of Tyler talking about our problem every day. That's if he even speaks about it, because for all I know, Aiden could be lying just to get me to speak to him.

When I didn't say anything, Aiden continued to speak. “He told me about what happened in Starbucks.”

“He told you?” I asked, but I didn't know what else to say.