Chapter 5: And She's Back

Bandit's POV
2 weeks later

I stood in the airport with Gerard and Mikey. My dad said his goodbyes and said he wants me to call him when I get back and keep in touch, blah, blah, blah.

"You better call me every fucking day," Gerard hugged me.

"I will," I told him.

"Good, I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I returned. We broke the hug and he kissed my cheek.

Mikey then hugged me. "Stay out of trouble you," he said jokingly.

"Yes father," I laughed.

"Okay, now seriously I love you and I'm going to miss you," he said.

"I love you too," I told him. We broke the hug and I messed up his hair. "I'll miss you both, you're coming in April right?"

"You bet! I'm still trying to get this one's ticket," Gerard wrapped his arm around Mikey.

"Good luck," I laughed, "adios."

"Au revoir," Gerard said.

Then I left. Walked off to the gate. Leaving, again.

~

The plane ride is always long. I've been on it so many times. Thankfully the flight wasn't full so I had the row of seats to myself. The last few times of always next to some weirdo.

I looked out the window and saw the dark sky. It's around midnight here. I looked down and saw the lights from all the buildings in Oakland. We're landing soon!

Mike and Tré said they would wait for me at the airport. I wonder if Billie will be there. He probably won't. I wish I knew why he hates me.

The plane turned and started to land. We went under the clouds and it was raining. It made the night sky even darker. The plane went down into the runway. The rain poured down on top of us. I'm so used to the snow, rain and warmer weather almost feels weird. It's not crazy warm here like it is in the summer but it's a good twenty degrees warmer than it is in Jersey.

The plane came to a stop. I stood up and grabbed my suitcase from the overhead bin. I was wearing Billie's flannel, I always wear it. I wish I didn't, but I actually still have feelings for Billie. I need to get over him.

I walked off the plane, following the small crowd. I walked through the arrival gate and kept an eye out for Mike and Tré. I looked around and saw the two sitting down, Tré asleep on Mike's shoulder. I laughed and approached them.

Mike jumped up and hugged me. "Hey Bandit!"

"Hey! I missed you," I told him.

"I missed you too," we broke the hug and he was smiling.

"Move it Mikey," Tré pushed Mike, "Bandita!" He hugged me.

"Hey Chipmunk," I laughed. 

"I missed my lady!" He said, he hasn't changed.

"I missed you too," I smiled and we broke the hug. "What's been going on?" I asked.

"Aside from Mike getting dumped, nothing really," Tré answered as we started walking to Mike's truck.

"I heard," I nodded.

"Yeah, let's not talk about that," Mike laughed awkwardly.

"How's my Gerard?" Tré asked.

"Oh you mean my Gerard? He's great," I replied. Mike laughed at us. We approached the truck, I tossed my suitcase in the bed of the truck then got in next to Tré. "So," I paused, "am I allowed to ask about Billie?"

Mike and Tré looked each other and didn't answer. "Is he dead or something?" I questioned.

"To me he is," Tré said. Well Tré's being serious so Billie definitely did something.

"We can try and get him to talk to you in the morning," Mike sighed.

"I'll take it," I shrugged. Mike drove up to my house. Tré and I got out. "See ya in the morning."

"Bye," Mike waved.

"Bye," Tré went into his house.

I grabbed my suitcase and went into my house. "I'm back," I announced as I shut the door.

"Oh Bandit," my mom jumped up from the couch and hugged me.

"Hi," I said blankly.

"We've missed you so much," she smiled.

"I missed you too, mom," I nodded.

"You must be tired, we can go to lunch or something tomorrow," she said.

"Okay, I've got something to do in the morning, then yeah," I shrugged.

"Okay, goodnight," she smiled.

"Night," I walked upstairs. Please no John, please no John.

I shut my door and locked it. I opened my suitcase and unpacked. I'm tired, but I'm probably not going to sleep. I put my clothes in my closet and set my suitcase in its spot by my dresser. I set my envelope full of pictures on my desk and put my camera on top of it. I sat on my bed and pulled at the sheets. I laid down and looked up at my ceiling.

We made plans for when I got back. I guess that's not happening now. I'll know why soon. I've waited long enough, I can wait a few more hours.