Chapter 15: Tré Knowledge

Billie's POV

I watched Bandit walk down the street. I wish I could talk to her more. She really seems like she wants to help me. I wish it wasn't so hard to talk about how stupid I am. That's the problem, I'm just stupid.

I drove back to the apartment contemplating if I should actually talk to Adrienne or not. Maybe she'll understand but... she never drinks or smokes or anything because she doesn't like it. She knows I drink and smoke and gives me shit for it. She'll just kick me out. Bandit doesn't know her like I do.

I unlocked the door and walked in. Adrienne wasn't in the living room or kitchen so she's probably in the bedroom. I put my keys on the counter and leaned on my hands on the counter.

"You're back," I heard Adrienne.

"Yeah," I turned around and looked at her.

"Where the hell did you go?" She asked approaching me.

I went to the beach to get my fix and listen to music but I ended up talking to my ex girlfriend about what is wrong with me. Oh yeah did I mention I've been doing heroine for the past seven months? I know I lied to you and I'm piece of shit you don't need to remind me. "I went for a drive," I shrugged, "clear my head."

"You've been acting funny lately," she put her hand on my cheek.

"Rough time lately," I sighed.

"Regretting dropping out of school?" She joked which made me laugh.

"Absolutely not," I answered.

"You can talk to me," she said.

"I just really don't wanna talk about it," I told her.

"Okay, well when you're ready know I'm here," she wrapped her arms around me. You'll be willing to listen until you actually hear what I have to say.

Bandit's POV

I went to Mike's after leaving the beach. I can't go home. I don't want to. I knocked on the door and he opened it.

"Holy shit, what happened?" He let me in.

"I talked to Billie," I told him.

"Oh... that explains everything," he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry," I said crying into his chest.

"It's okay," he rubbed my back. "It's perfectly fine. What'd he do?"

"He actually talked to me," I said.

"Wait really?" He pulled back from the hug and looked down at me with wide eyes.

"He did," I nodded, "he's just in a rough spot and shit and he wouldn't give me the details."

"This is good right?" He gave me a half smile. He knows there's still something wrong.

"He loves Adrienne, I have no chance," I bowed my head in embarrassment. I feel so stupid. Junior year relationship is all we had, but I got attached.

"Oh Bandit," he hugged me again, "I'm sorry I know how you feel about him."

"I'm such an idiot," I said.

"You're not, you're not. He broke your heart, he's the idiot," he said softly.

"I still feel like an idiot though. I let him, I let him in," I was crying like an idiot too.

"Shhh, shhh," he whispered. He lightly stroke my hair as I continued to cry. Why am I so upset over this? I shouldn't be, but I am. I've had so much worse happen to me and this one just hurts like a mother fucker.