Chapter 12: Gerard's Advice

Bandit's POV

After school the next day I was in my room doing my homework. Mostly hiding from the world but it helps to have this crap done. As I was writing stuff down and reading through things my thoughts kept distracting me.

Billie's actually an addict now. Yeah we all smoke and drink but he's really using. The heroine is confirmed, who knows what else he's using. Why do I care so much?

"Bandit!" I heard my mom.

I got up and leaned on the wall by the stairs. "Yeah?"

"Gerard is on the phone," she said.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed the phone. "Hello my beloved," I said.

"Hello my darling," he returned then his tone changed, "Why the fuck haven't you called me?"

"Been busy...?" I said.

"Too busy to talk to me?! I am number one priority around here honey," he said with his wonderful attitude.

"I know, I know. A lot's been going on," I sighed.

"And the fact that you haven't called and told me pisses me off to no end, but I forgive you! So get talking," he talks so fast.

I told him everything. About Adrienne, about Billie and I on the beach, what Mike told me, my conversation with Billie, all of it. I ranted off the whole story.

"I already knew some of that," he sighed, "I'm sorry Bee. But he's actually using?"

"Yeah, I didn't see him but I saw his arm and shit," I told him.

"He's going down the drain," he said.

"Yeah," I agreed. "And I care too much. Why do I care so much? We're done... I should hate him. I do hate him but I still care."

"You don't hate him, you're pissed at him. He still cares about you too but we both know he's not good at showing it. And you care because you're not over him and you're a good person."

"I'm over him!" I retorted.

"Yeah, sure," he said sarcastically.

"Okay, I didn't exactly have time to cry over it so maybe not. But I don't want to care so much. Like its ruling my thoughts," I continued.

"Listen, from what Mike told me a while ago and what you're telling me, I can just tell that Billie's got a serious thing going on. That's the obvious shit. But he still cares about you, if he didn't he would not have talked to you, trust me, I'm a guy. He's got stuff going on and we don't know why he's using or changing so much, but he can't do it forever. He'll come around," he explained.

"Yeah, how long is that gonna take?" I asked.

"I'm not god! I don't know!" And there's the sass.

"Oh what would I do without you?" I smiled.

"I do not know, a Bandit without Gerard is not a good Bandit," he pointed out.

"Well duh," I laughed.

"Okay, well I'm tired. Call me tomorrow," he said.

"Gotcha," I nodded.

"Okay, Love you," He said.

"Love you too," I returned.

"Bye!" We said in unison.

I hung up the phone and went upstairs. I went over to my desk and grabbed my envelope of pictures. I pulled out the thick pile and started looking through them. I'm not over him. I'm not. I'm an idiot.

I pulled out a photo of him and I on the beach. Mike must've taken it when we didn't notice. We were so happy. Billie was holding me up by my waist, my hands were on his shoulders. We were looking at each other smiling.

I put the photo down and wiped a few tears away. I hate feelings. They always fuck everything up.

My window opened. I jolted and looked over and saw Mike. "Jeez Mike," I gasped.

"Sorry, you were pretty quiet today. I thought I'd come check on you," he sat on my bed across from me.

"Oh, well thank you," I said.

"What happened with you and Billie yesterday?" He asked. "I'm sorry I just really need to know."

"It's fine, we were talking, kind of arguing. You were right he's definitely using," I told him.

"Well shit," he shook his head.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"I see you've been... thinking," he pointed to the picture that was on my desk.

"I guess that's what you could call it," I laughed in embarrassment.

"I miss him too," he nodded.

"I guess we just have to let this play out," I shrugged.

"Since when did you just 'let things play out'?" He asked.

"Since I confided in Gerard," I laughed.

"Ah, smart," he nodded.

This is going to take a while to play out isn't it?