Chapter 33: He's Back

Billie's POV

After the mini birthday party we had I went over to Bandit's. She was downstairs arguing with her mother quite loudly. I couldn't make out what they were saying but the sound was echoing throughout the house.

After a while Bandit finally came into her room. She looked at me and forced a smile onto her face. I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. I felt her shaky breaths, she's crying.

"Shhh," I rubbed her back, "You're okay." She stayed silent in the hug for a few minutes before she pulled away and took a deep breath.

"Fucking parents right?" She sighed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"John and I got in a really bad fight last night and after he left and he hasn't come back so that's her blaming me," she shrugged.

"I see it's still fucked up here," I groaned. "Did he hurt you?"

"What do you fucking think?"

"Bad question, sorry," I said pushing her hair out of her face.

"Ignore me though, you're finished!" She put another smile on her face.

"You don't need to do that y'know," I told her.

"What?" She asked.

"Fake smiling, you're upset, it's okay," I continued to move her hair behind her ears.

"But I don't want to be upset," she said, "I wanna celebrate your recovery and the concert."

"Bandit, it's okay," I repeated and she wrapped her arms around me again. "I hope my shorts are comfortable," I commented.

She laughed, "very."

"There it is," I smiled.

"What?" She looked up at me.

"A real laugh."

"Well, you are one of the few people that know how to cheer me up," she nodded. "But really, how are you? Today's been such a rush I haven't had the chance to actually ask you."

"I feel free in the sense that I'm out in the world again and that even though it's still there in my mind I don't feel like I need to shoot up," I told her. "I still think about it, but I don't want it anymore, I'm not craving it anymore."

"I'm happy for you," she actually smiled.

"I'm happy to be back," I sighed.

"Me and you both," she laughed. "Have you talked to Adrienne?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "she's happy I'm doing better and stuff."

She nodded and walked out of my arms and sat on the bed. I followed her and asked, "am I staying here or with Tré?"

"Well, if it was up to me you could stay here but I have John that might kill you and my mother that might kill me," she replied.

"Well I know that," I laughed.

"You can stay here whenever you want as long as we keep you hidden though," she shrugged, "nothing that we aren't used to though."

"Yeah," I nodded. All those nights we'd sneak spending the night together, nothing we're not used to. "And if they get suspicious or whatever I'll just stay at Tré's."

"Are we gonna address the elephant in the room though because this getting awkward," she laughed.

I laughed too, "thank god it's not just me."

"So..." her voice trailed off. She's obviously not starting this conversation then.

"Bandit, you know how I feel about you," I exhaled. "I want to get back together, I know I just got out of rehab and it's only been a few weeks since Adrienne and I split but I was a different person back in all of that. If you're not ready I get it, but I'm ready."

"I've been saying I wasn't ready and convincing myself of it because of everything that happened but honestly, I've always wanted to be back together, and when you apologized to everyone that day, I had to keep telling myself it wasn't time to get back together yet, no matter how much I wanted to," she explained.

"So..." I sighed.

"Are we gonna torture ourselves or just get back together?" She looked at me.

"I vote get back together," I laughed.

"Glad we're on the same page," she returned.

"Good, now get the fuck over here," I laughed and pulled her onto my lap. She looked at me smiling. "I missed you."

"I missed you more," she replied.

"I beg to differ," I retorted.

"Mhm, sure," she rolled her eyes. I grabbed her face and kissed her. This is what I never should've given up, this is the reason why I'm alive, this is the reason why I'm clean. I love her more than anything, and I'm never gonna fuck up the way I did again.
————————————————————————
Yay!! They're back together!! I know the romance is cheesy but I'm lonely and want a cheesy romance so I write it! I hope you guys are happy with it though.

Anyway, the next chapter is the last chapter and then the epilogue... it's been a long ride and I feel like it's time to just tie everything up. Thank you guys for reading, I hope you enjoy the next two chapters!!

Love you guys!!!!<3<3<3