Chapter 8: Walking In Town

Bandit's POV

I went back to that school. Everybody asked where I went surprisingly. I hate all of them personally. I don't know why they cared to ask me.

Thank god this all almost over! I'm going to leave the day I graduate and never look back. I will keep in touch with a few people and that's it.

Mike approached my locker. I hate this locker,  the lock is all whacked up. "Hey," he smiled.

"Hello," I grinned.

"How ya feeling?" He asked.

"Not too great, how about you?" I returned.

"Quite pissed off," he nodded.

"Oh no," I shut my locker and we started walking, "tell me everything."

"Billie is just pissing me off. He's just being such an ass," he shook his head.

"I know," I nodded.

"What're we gonna do about it?" He asked.

"Let him be him," I shrugged.

"But that's not him," Mike unlocked his truck and we both got in. "How can we get him back?"

"I honestly don't know," I sighed.

"I thought that once he saw you he would've realized 'oh yeah, I fucked up. Better try and fix my life now!'" He said and drove away from school.

"I'm not a miracle worker," I laughed.

"Last year you were," He told me.

"How?" I asked.

"You made us all closer, but sadly that didn't last very long," he answered.

"It'll all work out, hopefully," I nodded.

"Yeah, hopefully," he said.

"We're all just kids Mike it's not like Billie will be the same his whole life and we won't have this weird argument going on with him forever," I explained.

"You're right but how long is it gonna take?" He asked.

"We'll have to wait and see," I nodded.

"So, where shall we go?" He changed the subject, thankfully. I don't know how much longer I could talk about Billie and stay calm.

"Food, duh," I answered.

"Burritos?" He asked.

"Oh hell yes, I've been deprived of burritos for months!" I complained.

"You poor soul," he shook his head. I laughed and we drove a few blocks to the small food joint.

"So I see Tré spends almost every moment with Lisea now," I commented.

"Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if they get married next week or some shit," he nodded and we got out of the car.

"Good for him," I laughed and we went in and got our usual orders.

"Yeah, at least you're back now I'm not third wheeling twenty four seven," he said.

"Now you know how I felt last year when you and Tré were off with your girlfriends," I nudged his arm.

"I know," he laughed then we began eating.

Billie's POV

I walked with Addie through town. She hung onto my arm and I held a cigarette between my lips. "Wanna get some ice cream?" She asked.

"I don't have any money," I sighed.

"I've got some," she pulled me towards the ice cream stand.

"I'll pay you back," I said.

"It's fine Billie," she laughed. We got a coke and chocolate ice cream. "You better not eat all that on me."

"No promises," I said while eating the ice cream.

"Share," she said.

"Here," I said and held it out to her. She went to grab it and I pulled away to mess with her.

"Billie," she rolled her eyes.

I handed her the cone and kissed her cheek. We continued walking down the sidewalk. We were approaching the burrito joint. In the window I saw Bandit and Mike eating and laughing at our usual table. Bandit looked up and I caught her gaze. Our eyes stayed locked as I passed with Adrienne.

"Who was that?" Adrienne asked, breaking my stare.

"Mike and Bandit," I answered.

"So that's her," she nodded then glanced back at the window.

"Yeah," I sighed and she passed me the cone.

"She's... gorgeous," she commented.

"Getting jealous are we?" I joked.

"No," she pinched my arm lightly, "her and Mike seem pretty close though."

"I could swear they're brother and sister," I nodded.

She laughed at my comment. We continued walking and passing the cone back and forth. I glanced back and saw Mike and Bandit getting into Mike's truck still laughing about something. What the hell is so funny? Whenever I was with them we always laughed about something.

What the hell happened to us? I'm an ass, Bandit had to move, Tré is more involved with his girlfriend. And there's probably way more reasons.

"Chris called," Adrienne interrupted my thoughts.

"What's up with him?" I asked.

"He invited us to a party at his house Friday night. He wants you, Mike, and Tré to play," she told me.

"Cool, I don't know if we'll play but we can definitely go," I nodded.

"Why don't you guys ever play anymore? I mean you used to all the time," she asked.

"We're just growing apart," I shrugged.

"That sucks," she gave me a sad look.

"Yeah, but it happens," I sighed. She looked up and kissed me. "But I got you," I said.

"Yes you do," she smiled.

Wow, this just occurred to me. Green Day might be over.