Chapter 2: It's All Downhill From Here

Bandit's POV
October

Shopping day with Mikey and Gee! I love these. This one is even better because we're picking our Halloween costumes. We're going to Carol's party on Halloween. I've known of Carol's existence since the third grade and we grew up in the same classroom. We were okay acquaintances.

"Are we doing a couples costume?" Gerard looked at me.

"Um yes," I nodded.

"Sid and Nancy! Wait no, we're not cool enough... we need to involve music," he nodded, "but sadly we aren't badass enough to be Sid and Nancy."

"We should be the Beatles," I laughed. "Mikey you're included we're doing a group costume!"

"If we're the Beatles then can I be Lennon?" he laughed.

"Yes!" I nodded.

"I don't wanna be limited to the Beatles let me be my idol," Gerard said.

"Fine we'll do famous musicians, you can be Freddie Mercury," I sighed. "You will make a great Freddie."

"And we know who you'll be," Mikey said.

"3,2,1..." Gerard said.

"David Bowie!" I announced.

"Who else?" Gerard laughed.

"If she was anyone else I'd be concerned," Mikey nodded.

"Well I'm clearly not cool enough to be in the Sex Pistols so I'll be God instead," I flipped my hair dramatically.

"Go find your Ziggy Stardust jumpsuit, I'm gonna go make my perfect Freddie costume," Gerard flipped his hair to mock me.

"I'm gonna go get the weird glasses and a wig," Mikey nodded.

"This is going to be a great Halloween," Gerard laughed.

"The best!" I agreed.

"Didn't we do musicians when we were ten?" He asked.

"Yes," I laughed. "You were Mick Jagger."

"And I was a great one bitch!" He said.

"I know but I was Nikki Sixx I fucking won," I said.

"That was good costume but you weren't Mick Jagger," he shrugged.

"Pfft, you weren't in a huge wig," I laughed.

He laughed at me, "We tie then. I still remember the look on your dad's face when he saw us!"

"I've never seen that man so proud of me," I nodded.

"It was great, we need to find the pictures. Fuck, who was Mikey?" He asked.

"Shit, uhh... Axl Rose!" I remembered.

"Oh yeah! He wore a long wig that year and he gets to this year," he laughed.

"We all wore wigs that year," I added, "Of course your lucky ass doesn't need one this year!"

"I know, now go get your orange one," he grinned.

"Okay I'm gonna go find my own crazy wig and the striped jumpsuit. You go find a yellow leather jacket and a mustache!"

"You need to do my hair for me on Halloween too," he added.

"I know," I laughed and walked off into the store looking for the Ziggy Stardust costume. I know they have them, I saw it a few weeks ago but a few weeks ago we weren't going to a costume party!

Billie's POV

I was at a huge party at Christie Road. So many people I know and don't know. Adrienne had work so she stayed home. She was going to meet up with Mike, Tré, Lisea, and me at the beach around ten.

I was in the usual group of Chris, Al, James, Tré, and Mike. Tré was running off as always. He kept getting more beer or rolling papers.

"So how's the lady?" Al asked me.

"She's great," I smiled.

"I wish I had a girlfriend that would move halfway across the country for me," Chris said.

"Yeah," I laughed, "I got lucky."

Mike began walking away but when he passed me he said, "you already had a girl that was going to move across the whole country for you."

I glared at him as he walked away. "You okay Billo?" Tré jumped next to me.

"Fine," I nodded.

"Well boys," he started, "my friend over there hooked us up with some real party. We'll be fucked tomorrow but who cares," he opened up his hand and revealed a bunch of needles. Heroine.

"Holy shit, how'd you afford it?" I asked.

"Got it from my friend," he shrugged and we all took one.

I extended my arm. I pushed the needle into my vein and injected the substance. Within seconds I felt a crazy warmth and euphoria surround me.

"Who gave you this?" I asked.

"Dude over there," he pointed to a guy that looked like a stereotypical hippy. Dreads, baggy bright shirt, puffy brown jeans, bare footed.

"Cool," I nodded.

I felt like the weight of my body left me. The world felt lighter. Nothing was on my mind but how insanely amazing I felt. The whole party was us lazily laughing and thanking Tré.

When people started leaving and I felt the drug wearing off and I approached the guy. He's way taller than my short ass that's for sure. "Hey, you're in the band with Tré!"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"What's up, I'm Damien," he said.

"Billie Joe," we shook hands.

"I'm assuming you want some of the stuff I gave Tré," he laughed.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Well I'm out right now. Here, my usual hook up is..." he pulled a piece of ripped paper out of his backpack and wrote down an address.

"Thanks," I said.

"Anything for a friend of my buddy over there," he pointed to Tré. "Should have more by tomorrow, if you can't make it I'll see you at parties probably."

"Definitely, thanks," I told him.

"No problem," he nodded and turned back into his group of friends.

"You met D!" Tré jumped next to me.

"He's cool," I nodded.

"Guy's amazing. You'd like each other. What's this?" He grabbed the paper from my hand. "Ah, the usual hook up. I get the weed there."

"Wow," I laughed. That's how he gets his huge stash of marijuana!

"You're not going there for dope are you?" He asked.

"No..." my voice trailed off.

"Be careful with that shit," he pointed to my arm. "Shits more addictive and expensive than weed and cigs combined!"

"I'll keep that in mind," I nodded. I won't. I don't care. That is the only thing that has wiped my mind clean. Clean of everything.

Bandit's POV

Mike and Tré and didn't answer me. I gave up on Billie. I didn't want to. But I guess this was our way of breaking up.

I sat in front of the door of my bed. I held a damn picture of him and I in my hands. We were at the beach. He was giving me a piggy back ride and we were grinning like idiots. I miss those nights.

"Why? Why did I have to ruin my life over a boy?" I sighed and leaned my head back on the bed staring at the ceiling. Why'd he stop talking to me? What'd I do? What is he doing?