Chapter 11: Something More

Bandit's POV

It's been forever since I've seen Billie or Tré. They just disappeared. I know they're with they're girlfriends but Tré doesn't just disappear. Billie is one thing because he's acting all weird but Tré... hmmm. Mike wasn't in school either. This either a coincidence or something more.

I walked home from school alone. John was at work and my mother is asleep. I ate dinner leftovers then grabbed my mom's keys. I pulled out of the driveway and drove to the one place I knew they'd be. I drove down the road until I reached the train tracks. I pulled over at the stop sign and looked at the street name, 'Christie Road'.

I got out of the car. I saw a huge mound of people all around the tracks. They had a party... without me! I am so offended. I made my way over and spotted Mike, Tré, Lisea, Billie, James, Chris, and a bunch of other faces that are always at parties and in school.

"Bandita!" Tré yelled. Oh no, why do you have to yell my name now?! I waved and smiled. I feel so unwanted here.

Mike came over to me. "Hey," he smiled.

"Where the hell were you?" I asked.

"Tré brought me..." his voice trailed off.

"Whatever," I sighed, "so all day party?"

"Kinda yeah," he shrugged.

"I'm so offended you jerks didn't bring me," I shook my head.

"I know I'm sorry, he called me and said he was picking me up at noon so I went back to sleep and forgot to call you," he explained.

"It's fine," I said.

"My lady," Tré handed me a beer.

"Why thank you Chipmunk," I took it, "next time invite me!"

"Sorry," he smiled. I shook my head at him and pushed his shoulder. The three of us walked back over to the mass of people. So many conversations blended into circle of noise.

I stayed toward the back of the circle drinking the beer Tré gave me and smoking cigarettes. I ended up sitting near a few random people on the tracks. I dozed off into space, letting my thoughts run wild and my body stayed still.

Someone began blasting a radio and I jumped out of my daze. I noticed the sun was almost completely down. Shit, John's home, he's gonna kill me! Better prepare, I finished off the beer that was still in my hands. It was cold when a Tré gave it to me but now it was warm from sitting out of the cooler for so long.

I walked over to my car, well my mom's car, and leaned against the side. I pulled out a cigarette and watched the mass of people for a few more minutes. All dancing, yelling lyrics, throwing rocks at each other. It was just chaos, like every party, I'm just noticing it more because I'm not as drunk as I usually am.

"Well you're anti social," someone leaned on my car next to me. I didn't bother looking at them.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I answered.

"I'm surprised you're not dead drunk, you usually are," the guy laughed. Asshole, who the fuck do you think you are?!

I was about to shoo them away. I looked over and was about to speak but my words were gone. Billie. He looked so tired, and extremely stoned, but sad. "Well I'm going to get my ass kicked when I get home, if I'm hammered it'll only be worse," I sighed and put the cigarette back in my mouth.

"I know," he nodded. "You mind?" He pointed to the cigarette I was holding.

"Even if I said no you would've taken it so here," I handed it to him. He quickly took a drag from it and blew smoke out towards the tracks. "Why are you even talking to me?" My thoughts came right out of my mouth. I wanted to take that question back, it's a dumb question.